/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Marathon: The Movie--Need Input
Posted By: Adam AshwellDate: 9/2/04 10:25 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Marathon: The Movie--Need Input (Johannes Gunnar)

: It would need to be PRETTY hot to make the lava just stay there in liquid
: form forever. I guess this was just an little error that bungie did. hehe.

: BTW, i wonder, How is it possible to swim through lava? Well maybe the player
: had some special equipment that allowed him to swim through it without
: melting but still i wonder how he can actually swim through it because
: lava is VERY thick and well, impossible to swim through it even when we
: ignore the heat. And i bet it's impossible to see anything when you are
: down in it.

It's possible that it may be lava that's unique to Lh'owon. Hell, we don't even know that lava on any other planets are like the lava on Earth.

Also, about lava on the Marathon, you say that lava is molten rock. The Marathon is built INSIDE a huge rock. I'm not entirely sure why the lava would be there, but its possible, considering what the Marathon is. This brings me to a question I've been thinking about for some time (the past few minutes, basically): When the Marathon was "hollowed out", was it completely hollowed out, or was it just hollowed out enough to allow structures to exist within (i.e. a room being hollowed out, and metal being put between the rock and the interior). If so, then there's probably lots of rock to turn into lava on the Marathon.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Marathon: The Movie--Need InputBob-B-Q 9/2/04 4:06 a.m.
     Re: Marathon: The Movie--Need Inputblake37 9/2/04 4:10 a.m.
           Re: Marathon: The Movie--Need InputSteve Levinson 9/2/04 5:23 a.m.
                 Re: Marathon: The Movie--Need Inputblake37 9/2/04 5:32 a.m.
                       Re: Marathon: The Movie--Need InputJohannes Gunnar 9/2/04 6:10 a.m.
                             Re: Marathon: The Movie--Need InputAdam Ashwell 9/2/04 10:25 a.m.
                 Re: Marathon: The Movie--Need Inputa disreputable source 9/2/04 9:27 a.m.
                       Re: Marathon: The Movie--Need InputSteve Levinson 9/2/04 10:02 a.m.
                             Re: Marathon: The Movie--Need InputForrest of B.org 9/2/04 2:38 p.m.
                                   Re: Marathon: The Movie--Need InputSteve Levinson 9/2/04 7:25 p.m.
                                         Re: Marathon: The Movie--Need InputBob-B-Q 9/3/04 1:06 p.m.
                                               Re: Marathon: The Movie--Need InputSteve Levinson 9/3/04 4:20 p.m.
                             Re: Marathon: The Movie--Need InputWejam the Carter 9/6/04 11:10 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.