/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: nothing important
Posted By: Johannes GunnarDate: 9/2/04 6:28 a.m.

In Response To: Re: nothing important (blake37)

: about that, if i need to learn to sing, should i take voice leasons, or is
: thare a decent way of self teaching?

i know how to sing (the question is, do i sing well? :P) and well, i didn't take any voice lessons. All i did is that everytime i get some privacy i put some music on and sing along. Like when driving tractor i get like 100% privacy, so i just fire up my iPod with some music and start singing. It's best to start by finding some music with singers with similiar voice (kinda hard for you probably because you are still young and your voice is changing) and sing, don't stop until you can hit all the right notes. You can sing lower, or higher or in the same level of tone as the singer you are listening to. it depends on your voice but well take me for example. I've always had a deep voice and since like 6 years old i could never sing on the same level as my friends in singing class. And well i felt ashamed because my singing actually sucked. I just kinda talked instead of singing. and i did it really quietly. I really thought i could never sing. Well except for some heavy metal deep screaming (i've done that once, hehe) but hey, it's actually not the voice that matters. You just have to learn how your voice works. And experiment with it how it is best used. It takes time to figure out how to get to the higher notes (higher notes to me are like normal notes to other people because of my deep voice) it's all just matter on how you use every part of the throat, mouth, tongue and so on. You just need to experiment and train a lot. (by singing along with cd's and stuff)

PS: experimenting and practicing can result in lots of REALLY bad notes that sound horrible to the human ear so it would probably be best to experiment in privacy. ;)

PSS: The voice is just like your hands. The more you practice the more it/the can handle. so practice hard.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

nothing importantblake37 8/29/04 2:46 p.m.
     Re: nothing importantJohannes Gunnar 8/30/04 5:15 a.m.
           Re: nothing importantblake37 8/30/04 5:33 a.m.
                 Re: nothing importantJohannes Gunnar 8/30/04 7:43 a.m.
                       Re: nothing importantblake37 8/30/04 10:03 a.m.
                             Re: nothing importantJohannes Gunnar 8/30/04 12:22 p.m.
                                   Re: nothing importantblake37 8/30/04 2:48 p.m.
                                         Re: nothing importantJohannes Gunnar 9/1/04 7:13 a.m.
                                               Re: nothing importantblake37 9/1/04 10:08 a.m.
                                                     Re: nothing importantJohannes Gunnar 9/1/04 12:10 p.m.
                                                           :-) *NM*blake37 9/1/04 12:28 p.m.
                                               Re: nothing importantblake37 9/1/04 3:32 p.m.
                                                     Re: nothing importantJohannes Gunnar 9/2/04 6:28 a.m.
                                                           Re: nothing importantblake37 9/2/04 7:36 a.m.
                       Re: nothing importantblake37 8/30/04 10:06 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.