/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: PF Volunteers – Stewards of the Enigma
Posted By: Dr. John SumnerDate: 8/31/04 12:09 p.m.

In Response To: PF Volunteers – Stewards of the Enigma (Steve Levinson)

: Well, that concludes the PF Volunteers series, save the comments that will be
: posted in response to this, my final post. I found PF to be a truly
: compelling scenario with a perfect blend of puzzles, action and story - in
: short, a scenario worthy of the Marathon legacy. I believe that for
: gameplay it is on a par with scenarios like Trojan, but its story is even
: more well-developed. This will certainly go down in my book as one of my
: favorites.

I really have no relevant comment concerning the last two levels. Steve did a good job covering each. I don't know whether the lack of a name for the last level was intentional or not, but I would prefer that it have a name attached to it. I guess I'm funny that way. As for the scenario itself, let me repeat what I wrote to Matt prior to the beginning of the Phoenix Falling volunteer series. I told him that I was so impressed with the scenario that as far as I was concerned, the gameplay was as good as the original M1 scenario. I don't say that lightly. There are certain aspects of the M1 levels that will always make it unique and without equal. Nevertheless, I was as captivated, challenged, and overwhelmed with PF as I have been with M1 and Trojan. I truly, truly look forward to the updated version of PF.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

PF Volunteers – Stewards of the EnigmaSteve Levinson 8/31/04 9:51 a.m.
     Re: PF Volunteers – Stewards of the EnigmaDr. John Sumner 8/31/04 12:09 p.m.
           Re: PF Volunteers – Stewards of the Enigmamattschenk 8/31/04 2:39 p.m.
                 Re: PF Volunteers – Stewards of the EnigmaSteve Levinson 9/1/04 9:49 a.m.
                       Re: PF Volunteers – Stewards of the EnigmaAndrew 9/4/04 3:18 p.m.
                             Re: PF Volunteers – Stewards of the EnigmaAdam Ashwell 9/5/04 2:24 a.m.
                                   Re: PF Volunteers – Stewards of the Enigmamattschenk 9/5/04 11:20 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.