/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: nothing important
Posted By: Johannes GunnarDate: 8/30/04 12:22 p.m.

In Response To: Re: nothing important (blake37)

"i'm also only fourteen". HEY! how should that stop you? me and my band started when we were 12 years old and we've been busy since, (for 4 years) and we've almost never had to spend much money, the only money we spent were on instruments. The rest of the equipment was always loaned to us. Because there are so many bands here and all of them are so kind and nice and are always ready to help each other out. We had a chance to go to studio for free but we didn't manage to do that but we managed to get some equipment together and record two songs. But yeah, what i am saying is that age shouldn't stop you. The earlier you start in a band, the sooner you get great at it. It's a lot different being a solo artist and in a band and it's not easy but that shouldn't stop you. And yeah, i play guitar and i have played guitar for i think 5 or 6 years. My current bands (two of them) are now quitting because most of the members are moving away to college. (i am moving away in 14 days or so) but i am forming a band in the city i am moving to. The only thing i am missing is a drummer. oh and about your recordings, if they are low quality done with a microphone then i DON'T want to hear them. I am scared to those types of recordings. :P But they can be useful for yourself. for example, i record all guitar riffs i make onto my mac with a microphone (internal) and put 'em in one folder. then when i write a song i go through those riffs and write a song, a lyrics and so on.

oh and in my new band i will probably play on guitar, and sing.

: wish i was in a band, but they only person i know thats good is my dad. im
: also only fourteen, with little money. but i do have a few recordings a
: made on a computer, fairly low quilty microphone, but hey, what can you
: do? ones kinda heavy metel typ and the other is somewhat creepy sounding
: acustic, except for my poorly improvised solo (i was recorded 4 mounths
: ago, i could rerecord and make it better, if i felt like it), i think its
: pretty cool. also, i have a quicktime video, also low res, of me playing
: at my schools talent show. the song is also one of mine. as i can't sing,
: none of the songs have lyrics, and all three are just me on guitar. if you
: really want me to, i'll send them to you, but don't feel obligated,
: thay're not that super.
: also i play bass, but the computer mic has a hard time with low ferqunices so
: i don't have any recordings on bass.

: what do you play?

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

nothing importantblake37 8/29/04 2:46 p.m.
     Re: nothing importantJohannes Gunnar 8/30/04 5:15 a.m.
           Re: nothing importantblake37 8/30/04 5:33 a.m.
                 Re: nothing importantJohannes Gunnar 8/30/04 7:43 a.m.
                       Re: nothing importantblake37 8/30/04 10:03 a.m.
                             Re: nothing importantJohannes Gunnar 8/30/04 12:22 p.m.
                                   Re: nothing importantblake37 8/30/04 2:48 p.m.
                                         Re: nothing importantJohannes Gunnar 9/1/04 7:13 a.m.
                                               Re: nothing importantblake37 9/1/04 10:08 a.m.
                                                     Re: nothing importantJohannes Gunnar 9/1/04 12:10 p.m.
                                                           :-) *NM*blake37 9/1/04 12:28 p.m.
                                               Re: nothing importantblake37 9/1/04 3:32 p.m.
                                                     Re: nothing importantJohannes Gunnar 9/2/04 6:28 a.m.
                                                           Re: nothing importantblake37 9/2/04 7:36 a.m.
                       Re: nothing importantblake37 8/30/04 10:06 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.