/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Cool
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 8/27/04 8:41 p.m.

In Response To: Cool (Adam Ashwell)

: Hey, those are pretty good. I'm sorry for complaining and all that. Again, my
: opinions still stand, but, whatever, I'll just go along with you. I have a
: suggestion (practical, this time): could you make the green a little
: darker? Because when I try to make dark areas, I would prefer them to be
: green rather than the only feasible choice for darkness, purple. And the
: green, right now, is quite visible from far away in 18 light.

Hmm... all the colors should have exactly the same light value, just a different hue. In fact the color variations were made by telling Photoshop to take a duplicate batch of the Oranges and hue-shift them 90 degrees, then shift another dupe batch 180, and another dupe batch 270, and another dupe batch desaturated. So I could make them ALL darker if you'd like (as it stands this batch is already significantly darker than the last).

Also - are you judging the lightness in Forge or in game? Cause Forge is probably making them lighter due to screwy CLUTs again. Damnit, why can't game developers just support true color!?

: Again, awesome job with these textures. I can't wait to see the 512x512
: versions.

Yay! You like them!

Er wait... you didn't see the 512s? I uploaded them all... oh, you mentioned elsewhere that links were broken, I should look into that. For now, the 512s should be here:

http://eternal.psyjnir.net/files/Shapes/Textures/TexturesV4/shuttles/512Set5.sit

: Maybe, at some point (emphasis on SOME POINT), you could do this to every
: texture set? ::looks up at Forrest hopefully:

I'm always open to making universal modifications to the textures like I did with these. These new ones just have a few modifications thrown into the batch process that generates the whole texture set: the blending mode on the Logos is different, I changed the Pipe template a little by group-overlaying and merging some wavy bevels into it, and the chitin base texture is overlayed with a scaled-up version of itself. Run it through the batch process and this new version came out. If you or anyone have some suggestions for, say, how to make the canvas base texture in Set 4 more interesting (which I've already got a few ideas for), it's fairly easy to implement something like that. I just don't want to go changing around the whole way that the textures are made, and what kind of textures are in there, thus requiring a complete retexturing of all the levels.

Speaking of which, I got your email suggestions for the Set 4 pipes, and it made me realize something: most of the "widgets" (pipes, lights, logos, etc) I have centered and not touching the edges so that you can insert a Light into the middle of some plain walls and then a Logo down the hall from there and they look like decals placed on an otherwise continuous wall. But the "pipes" (horizontal/vertical things - in Pfhor they are really more like vines, in Forerunner they are bars of light, etc) already can't loop around their ends with anything other than themselves, ie a plain wall would look wrong if a pipe just suddenly started in the middle of it. So I can add whatever other horizontal or vertical details I want to the appropriate "pipe" textures, giving you some much more interesting textures for hallways, elevator shafts and such.

: And I'm starting working on L16 and L19 again now. I just decided "Fuck
: it, I'll just make something". It was a case of mapmaker's block,
: really. I think the new textures are gonna help too. Sorry for the delay,
: man.

Yaay! We might make it after all!

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

A Message to the Eternal Team (or anyone else)Forrest of B.org 8/23/04 12:52 a.m.
     Re: A Message to the Eternal Team (or anyone else)blake37 8/23/04 3:34 p.m.
     Re: A Message to the Eternal Team (or anyone else)Forrest of B.org 8/23/04 5:42 p.m.
           Re: A Message to the Eternal Team (or anyone else)mneub12 8/23/04 5:53 p.m.
                 Re: A Message to the Eternal Team (or anyone else)Forrest of B.org 8/23/04 6:35 p.m.
                       Re: A Message to the Eternal Team (or anyone else)mneub12 8/24/04 6:42 a.m.
                             Re: A Message to the Eternal Team (or anyone else)Andrew Nagy 8/24/04 7:12 a.m.
                                   Re: A Message to the Eternal Team (or anyone else)mneub12 8/24/04 7:58 a.m.
                                         Re: A Message to the Eternal Team (or anyone else)Andrew Nagy 8/24/04 9:22 a.m.
                                               Re: A Message to the Eternal Team (or anyone else)Forrest of B.org 8/24/04 10:32 a.m.
                                                     Re: A Message to the Eternal Team (or anyone else)Andrew Nagy 8/24/04 5:00 p.m.
     MY HEAD JUST EXPLODED!!!D-M.A. 8/24/04 12:50 a.m.
           Re: MY HEAD JUST EXPLODED!!!Forrest of B.org 8/24/04 10:33 a.m.
     Re: A Message to the Eternal Team (or anyone else)Adam Ashwell 8/24/04 5:14 a.m.
           Re: A Message to the Eternal Team (or anyone else)Adam Ashwell 8/24/04 7:02 a.m.
                 Re: A Message to the Eternal Team (or anyone else)Steve Levinson 8/24/04 9:36 a.m.
                       Re: A Message to the Eternal Team (or anyone else)Forrest of B.org 8/24/04 10:44 a.m.
                       Re: A Message to the Eternal Team (or anyone else)a disreputable source 8/24/04 4:57 p.m.
                             Yes!Steve Levinson 8/24/04 7:06 p.m.
                                   Forrest - Here's the dual liquid trickSteve Levinson 8/25/04 3:39 a.m.
                                         Re: Forrest - Here's the dual liquid trickAdam Ashwell 8/25/04 3:49 a.m.
                                               Re: Forrest - Here's the dual liquid trickSteve Levinson 8/25/04 9:07 a.m.
           Re: A Message to the Eternal Team (or anyone else)Adam Ashwell 8/25/04 6:18 a.m.
                 Re: A Message to the Eternal Team (or anyone else)Forrest of B.org 8/26/04 4:41 p.m.
                       Re: A Message to the Eternal Team (or anyone else)Forrest of B.org 8/26/04 5:23 p.m.
                             Re: A Message to the Eternal Team (or anyone else)Simon of team Sigma 8/26/04 5:53 p.m.
                                   Re: A Message to the Eternal Team (or anyone else)Forrest of B.org 8/26/04 6:25 p.m.
                             Revised Set5 shuttles/archives now online *NM*Forrest of B.org 8/26/04 6:17 p.m.
                                   Forrest, check your email -_- *NM*Simon of team Sigma 8/26/04 6:37 p.m.
                                   Re: Revised Set5 shuttles/archives now onlineblake37 8/27/04 3:02 a.m.
                                         Re: Revised Set5 shuttles/archives now onlineAdam Ashwell 8/27/04 3:04 a.m.
                                               Re: Revised Set5 shuttles/archives now onlineblake37 8/27/04 3:09 a.m.
                                                     Re: Revised Set5 shuttles/archives now onlineAdam Ashwell 8/27/04 3:10 a.m.
                                                           Re: Revised Set5 shuttles/archives now onlineblake37 8/27/04 3:14 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Revised Set5 shuttles/archives now onlineAdam Ashwell 8/27/04 3:21 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Revised Set5 shuttles/archives now onlineblake37 8/27/04 3:24 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Revised Set5 shuttles/archives now onlineAdam Ashwell 8/27/04 3:26 a.m.
                                                                                   *BANG* reloads shotgunsblake37 8/27/04 3:30 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: *BANG* reloads shotgunsAdam Ashwell 8/27/04 3:38 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: *BANG* reloads shotgunsblake37 8/27/04 3:44 a.m.
                                                                                                     Thanks for the entertainment :) *NM*Steve Levinson 8/27/04 5:11 a.m.
                                                                                                           we'll be here till thursday! *NM*blake37 8/27/04 5:59 a.m.
                                   CoolAdam Ashwell 8/27/04 3:03 a.m.
                                         Re: CoolForrest of B.org 8/27/04 8:41 p.m.
                                               Re: CoolAdam Ashwell 8/28/04 1:45 a.m.
                                                     Re: CoolAdam Ashwell 8/28/04 1:55 a.m.
                                                           Re: CoolForrest of B.org 8/28/04 5:17 p.m.
                                                     Re: CoolSimon of team Sigma 8/28/04 3:38 p.m.
                                                     Re: Coolgoran 8/29/04 7:49 a.m.
                                                           Re: Coolblake37 8/29/04 8:35 a.m.
                                               Re: Coolblake37 8/28/04 1:54 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.