/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

45 Sacks to go, The End Is Neigh
Posted By: •MDate: 8/26/04 11:21 a.m.

Bungie Webmaster update:

Hello,
I had a question about the Marathon series. I noticed that the old store will be closing on the 31st, and that 'most of the products available would not be produced anymore'. Assuming that one of these goners is the "Mac Action Sack" which encompasses the Marathon trilogy, has Bungie considered releasing / re-licensing the games/datafiles as free, much like they released the Marathon 2 source code? I kinda had my mind on the Aleph One project and how it will be hard to get new gamers to play Marathon (Durandal and Infinity) when they won't be able to purchase the games (unless they're lucky enough to find it used...)
If the answer to my question is... well... not quite what I was hoping for =P, I would really appreciate it if you would contact me if the situation changes.

Thanks so much for your time =P
-- Collin Jones

Collin,
The sad fact of the matter is that the Mac Action Sack is reaching its final desperate days. We're down to a few dozen, and when they're gone, they're gone. It may be that one day we'll put two Xbox games in a burlap sack (emptied of kittens, of course) and call it the Halo Swag Bag, but the grim reality is upon us. The Mac Action Sack is almost gone. The other thing to consider, is that the Mac Action Sack consists entirely of games for a computer OS that no longer exists (yes, I KNOW it still exists literally you bunch of Sunday Afternoon Sartres) and is therefore, to most people, about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

As for releasing the game files for free, only time and lawyers will tell. But when the store is up and running properly, those Action Sacks will be the very last.

At that time there were 45 MacAction Sacks in store...

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

45 Sacks to go, The End Is Neigh•M 8/26/04 11:21 a.m.
     Re: 45 Sacks to go, The End Is NeighBob-B-Q 8/26/04 11:30 a.m.
           Re: 45 Sacks to go, The End Is NeighJohannes Gunnar 8/26/04 12:44 p.m.
                 Re: 45 Sacks to go, The End Is NeighVid Boi 8/26/04 1:24 p.m.
                       Re: Stock Available: 19 *NM*•M 8/30/04 8:11 a.m.
                             14 *NM*a disreputable source 8/31/04 11:00 a.m.
                             4 *NM*a disreputable source 9/1/04 7:20 a.m.
                             3 *NM*a disreputable source 9/1/04 10:53 a.m.
                                   2 *NM*blake37 9/1/04 12:38 p.m.
                             Still 2 *NM*a disreputable source 9/1/04 8:09 p.m.
                             0 *NM*a disreputable source 9/2/04 3:49 a.m.
     It looks like nobody's buying Oni for $20. *NM*a disreputable source 8/26/04 5:35 p.m.
           Already have it :-P *NM*Adam Ashwell 8/27/04 2:43 a.m.
                 I don't, but come on, $20? *NM*a disreputable source 8/27/04 7:31 a.m.
     Re: 45 Sacks to go, The End Is NeighAfroRyan 8/27/04 5:10 p.m.
     current count: 31 Sack, 20 Win Oni, 17 PS2 Oni *NM*a disreputable source 8/29/04 11:21 a.m.
     17 Sacks left. No change to Oni counts. *NM*a disreputable source 8/30/04 6:25 p.m.
           Re: 17 Sacks left. No change to Oni counts.AfroRyan 8/31/04 5:09 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.