/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: PF Volunteers - Package Delivery/The Landing
Posted By: Dr. John SumnerDate: 8/24/04 1:14 p.m.

In Response To: PF Volunteers - Package Delivery/The Landing (Steve Levinson)

: Boy, I hate this level. I'm not really sure why, but I really don’t like
: playing it. ....... I kept
: going up that elevator over and over, going through that annoying 4 part
: door and going through The Landing and the first part of War so many times
: that I'm kind of sick of it. Matt - how about a save term at the start of
: War. I'll have a lot more to say about War in my next post, as it has its
: own issues.

Package is not one of my favorite levels either. For me, it's the having to go up and down that 4 floor elevator. I understand the need for having it stop at each floor, but it still makes for a tedious level. As for the Landing, it's an easy level. However, Steve is right....die at the beginning of the hard level Ego and you will be going up all 4 floors of Package and then repeating the Landing again. Frankly, I'd prefer to see the Landing modified so that you have a PB somewhere on that level. Perhaps Matt could have a PB descend much as the platforms in the large central square are descending. Since those platforms descend very slowly, the player could not access the PB until they have virtually completed the level. The large square does not teleport the player. Only the surrounding outside walkway forms the exit teleport polys. Having a PB at the beginning of Ego is somewhat cheap since the player is under attack as soon as that level begins.

It's interesting that you have issues with Ego. I assume you mean negative issues. That level is turning out to be one of my favorite, if not my absolute favorite. More about it when we get there.

: There is an
: isolated switch down here as well, but I'm not sure what it does.

That switch is a light switch that seems to light up parts of the first floor, near the car for one. It's not as noticable as you might expect though.

: The
: player need not visit the first floor up from ground - there is some ammo
: there, but a lot of monsters as well. I did, however, manage to take
: them all out with fists only (Sumner style), so for me it was a net gain.

There is a switch in that room that must be flipped unless I am mistaken. It's opens a door on the fourth floor that the player must go through.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

PF Volunteers - Package Delivery/The LandingSteve Levinson 8/24/04 11:16 a.m.
     Re: PF Volunteers - Package Delivery/The LandingDr. John Sumner 8/24/04 1:14 p.m.
           Re: PF Volunteers - Package Delivery/The Landingmattschenk 8/24/04 3:22 p.m.
                 Re: PF Volunteers - Package Delivery/The LandingDr. John Sumner 8/24/04 3:57 p.m.
                       Re: PF Volunteers - Package Delivery/The Landingmattschenk 8/24/04 4:35 p.m.
                             Re: PF Volunteers - Package Delivery/The LandingDr. John Sumner 8/24/04 5:23 p.m.
                                   Re: PF Volunteers - Package Delivery/The Landingmattschenk 8/24/04 6:20 p.m.
                                         Re: PF Volunteers - Package Delivery/The LandingSteve Levinson 8/24/04 6:45 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.