/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Marathon Trilogy Sticker-esk Fabric Patches *pic*
Posted By: BlayneDate: 8/21/04 4:57 p.m.

I never rest.

The last two MSF S'pht Logon T-shirts were sold today (at least, if the fellow pays). I have began plotting my next Marathon merchandise venture - one that may appeal to fans outside of the Marathon community:

Since receiving my patches from www.mopedarmy.com (check out my profile there to see my 'ped!) I've had a bee in my hat about creating a similar patch I could affix to my jacket shoulders, dress shirts, polo shirts, [anything!]. Others have voiced their interest in patches like this as well.

I've internationally left the top and bottom of the patch design blank. Perhaps Halo or Marathon players can embroider their names or team designation themselves. Custom lettering would be an *insane* lesson in frustration people, I'd leave customizing of the patch to the customer.

I have yet to work out pricing, but I have found it will cost close to $80.00Cnd just to get the template punched . Each thread needs to be digitally assigned before the thread-printer can have a go at the backing material. : )

I think a basic White backing with Black thread would look the best.
I'd like peoples input here before I go announcing anything at the HBO. I'll also be checking with Sketchfactor at Bungie RE: can I get sued?

I’d need to create a run of 100+ patches for it to be financially feasible. This forces the necessity of offering to the Halo.bungie.org forum crowd.
I hope Bungie cares not what wacky merchandise I create using their logos as long as it’s just sold within the Bungie fan community.

Let me know what you think!

Regards,
-Blayne

the mad, mad, marathon merchandise man

The Patch Design

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Marathon Trilogy Sticker-esk Fabric Patches *pic*Blayne 8/21/04 4:57 p.m.
     Uh... anyone have Sketchfactors email?Blayne 8/21/04 5:13 p.m.
           Re: Uh... anyone have Sketchfactors email?deathmonger 8/21/04 5:19 p.m.
                 Oh, and about the patchesdeathmonger 8/21/04 5:24 p.m.
                       Re: Oh, and about the patchesTraxis-Spawn 8/21/04 5:49 p.m.
                             I've email sketchfactor -Blayne 8/21/04 6:35 p.m.
                                   Estimated cost/per patch?$0.77? *NM*Mista_B 8/21/04 9:49 p.m.
                                         Heh. Ya. Right. More in the cost range of...Blayne 8/21/04 10:56 p.m.
                                               Re: Heh. Ya. Right. More in the cost range of...Bob-B-Q 8/22/04 6:05 a.m.
                                                     Re: Heh. Ya. Right. More in the cost range of...Blayne 8/22/04 11:25 a.m.
                                                           Re: Heh. Ya. Right. More in the cost range of...Bob-B-Q 8/22/04 1:59 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Heh. Ya. Right. More in the cost range of...Devin Sanera 9/23/04 5:11 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.