/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Juggernauts
Posted By: OriDate: 8/9/04 8:45 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Juggernauts (Bob-B-Q)

: Non-sentient cyborgs, maybe. Like hovertanks with a few organic components.

My first thought was occupied vehicles becuase I've always thought the basic pfhor was just a fighter, and then in some kind of armour like for hunters and troopers. The pfhor Juggernaut I beleive could be an occupied vehicle sort of like Voyager from Star Trek-basically a bio-mechanical ship. This kind of technology has been in several other movies/television series/books, etc. My basic reasoning for thinking it isn't purely a cyborg is that the Pfhor had no cyborgs until M2 after the pattern buffer cloing, and there are a very limited number of species in the Marathon universe. Namely, the Pfhor, the Spht, and their respective controller's(Enforcers and the Sph't overmind destroyed in M1). So if the Juggernaut were just a cyborg, would it be some sort of blend of Pfhor and Sph't? Obviously this is ridiculous, but I say it to bring the question, where else would the Pfhor find the technology to create cyborgs? Again to bring up the cyborg from M2/inf, just look at it. They went from Juggernaut cyborgs to that?
While I don't completly deny the possibilty of the Juggernaut being a cyborg of some sort, I find it unlikey that it had no internal operator.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

JuggernautsYossarian 8/9/04 9:19 a.m.
     Re: JuggernautsAdam Ashwell 8/9/04 9:21 a.m.
           Re: Juggernautsblake37 8/9/04 9:55 a.m.
     Re: JuggernautsMark Levin 8/9/04 9:57 a.m.
           Re: JuggernautsAdam Ashwell 8/9/04 10:03 a.m.
     Re: Juggernauts•M 8/9/04 10:24 a.m.
           Re: JuggernautsAnaphiel 8/9/04 10:30 a.m.
                 Re: JuggernautsJohannes Gunnar 8/9/04 10:37 a.m.
                       Re: JuggernautsErnie 8/9/04 1:57 p.m.
                       Re: JuggernautsBob-B-Q 8/9/04 2:15 p.m.
                             Re: JuggernautsOri 8/9/04 8:45 p.m.
                                   Re: JuggernautsCheerful 8/9/04 8:48 p.m.
                                         Re: JuggernautsSiphonopho 8/10/04 5:21 a.m.
                                               Re: JuggernautsYossarian 8/10/04 6:43 a.m.
                                                     Re: JuggernautsJohannes Gunnar 8/10/04 7:00 a.m.
                                                           Re: Juggernautsblake37 8/10/04 7:25 a.m.
                                                     Re: Juggernauts•M 8/10/04 7:41 a.m.
                 Re: JuggernautsScifiteki 8/9/04 8:49 p.m.
     Re: JuggernautsZeus 8/10/04 4:52 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.