/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

1024 Polys and map corruption
Posted By: BlayneDate: 8/7/04 4:53 a.m.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? :

Every time any of my maps hit the 1024 polygon limit in Forge (when it actually warns you that the limit was reached) - shortly thereafter I get bigtime map corruption issues [whitewalls, textures mapping incorrectly, crashes of Forge]

I spent last night running through the corridors of an UESG vessel, fearing that the glitchy whiteness would be around every corner. It seemed isolated to the core region, and another area - forcing me to even delete the lines and points, less the corruption return.

The upside is that I was forced to rip out an entire section of a map I was so-so happy with. I'm trying to find the positive in this, so after three hours I began hoping that Forge was just trying to tell me what parts of the map sucked.

Anyhow, this issue also cropped up in my Nebulon level, which makes me scared to go into it. It seems every doorway was corrupted for some reason. *sigh*

To return to the actual question I asked above, does this map corruption occur to alot of Forge users who hit the poly limit (or any other item or texture limit for that matter)?

Thanks,
-Blayne

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

1024 Polys and map corruptionBlayne 8/7/04 4:53 a.m.
     Re: 1024 Polys and map corruptionAdam Ashwell 8/7/04 5:12 a.m.
           Re: 1024 Polys and map corruptionblake37 8/7/04 5:59 a.m.
                 Re: 1024 Polys and map corruptiondeathmonger 8/7/04 8:17 a.m.
                       Re: 1024 Polys and map corruptionblake37 8/7/04 8:36 a.m.
                       Re: 1024 Polys and map corruptionblake37 8/7/04 10:59 a.m.
     Re: 1024 Polys and map corruptionC Lund 8/7/04 12:22 p.m.
           Re: 1024 Polys and map corruptiongoran 8/7/04 2:45 p.m.
                 Re: 1024 Polys and map corruptionOri 8/7/04 7:16 p.m.
                       Re: 1024 Polys and map corruptionC Lund 8/7/04 11:46 p.m.
                             Re: 1024 Polys and map corruptionSimon of team Sigma 8/8/04 5:29 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.