/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Upgrade fears linked to the Classic OS
Posted By: BlayneDate: 8/6/04 11:48 a.m.

I have these fears you see.

I've used my trusty Powermac 6500/250 since about 1998 for everything Marathon and (before I became a MSF regular) Myth / Myth II.

On a side note, all my upgrading madness began with my decision that

I wanted an iPod, lol. All the issues with getting one to potentially work

with my current system led me to *here*.

I'm afraid that if I upgrade to a 700mhz Powermac G4 or something similar that uses OSX I won't be able to continue development easily of either WMaiD, or simply playing Marathon without the need for AO support. Sometimes OS 9 is easier for older games.

On the iMac flatpannel on display at my workplace I've fiddled during some slow hours in the Mall with the copy of Panther (OS 10.3 I think?) - and it will take some getting use to.

I'm seeking advice from those of you who are now OS 10 users - what troubles have you encountered with working with forge on a Dual-boot system?
What are the in's and outs of booting into OS9, and it's compatability with Marathon design apps (Hakvil, Forge, cult modifier, Chisel, etc)?
I'd presume they're more stable to run on an native OS9 system - any hitches running it from booted-up OS9 mode on a G4 of any type?

Thanks everyone!
-Blayne

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Upgrade fears linked to the Classic OSBlayne 8/6/04 11:48 a.m.
     Re: Upgrade fears linked to the Classic OSAdam Ashwell 8/6/04 12:01 p.m.
           Then when models should I seek that can dual boot?Blayne 8/6/04 1:08 p.m.
                 Re: Then when models should I seek that can dual bAdam Ashwell 8/6/04 1:35 p.m.
                       Re: Then when models should I seek that can dual bMark Levin 8/6/04 1:41 p.m.
                             Re: Then when models should I seek that can dual bJohannes Gunnar 8/6/04 2:28 p.m.
                       Re: Then when models should I seek that can dual bmneub12 8/6/04 4:45 p.m.
                             Re: Then when models should I seek that can dual bBlayne 8/7/04 4:46 a.m.
                                   Re: Then when models should I seek that can dual bblake37 8/7/04 4:47 a.m.
                                         Re: Then when models should I seek that can dual bAdam Ashwell 8/7/04 6:10 a.m.
                                               Re: Then when models should I seek that can dual bblake37 8/7/04 6:20 a.m.
                                   Re: Then when models should I seek that can dual bAdam Ashwell 8/7/04 6:28 a.m.
                                   Marathon Theme for OSXJohannes Gunnar 8/8/04 3:09 a.m.
                                         Re: Marathon Theme for OSXukimalefu 8/8/04 10:20 a.m.
                 Re: Then when models should I seek that can dual bAndrew Nagy 8/7/04 8:17 a.m.
                       Re: Then when models should I seek that can dual bBlayne 8/7/04 9:21 a.m.
                             I found a interesting table...Blayne 8/7/04 10:16 a.m.
                             Re: Then when models should I seek that can dual bSiphonopho 8/7/04 10:25 a.m.
                                   Re: Then when models should I seek that can dual bAndrew Nagy 8/7/04 10:51 a.m.
                                         Huh? Who's that post directed to? *NM*Siphonopho 8/7/04 11:12 a.m.
                                         What I was trying to say - on 1 GHz G3sAndrew Nagy 8/7/04 12:15 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.