/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

OT: Share your experiences
Posted By: CheerfulDate: 7/24/04 9:13 p.m.

Sorry to bug you guys, but I was wondering if anyone had heard of a website called shareyourexperiences.com? Personally I think its a spam email source, but let me share what happened to me first...

Basically I got an email saying someone at this site was asking for information about me. Curious, I checked it out and signed up for "bronze membership", but you can only find out who was asking about you if you pay for premium, which I refused to do. Anyway it said that there were six people saying that had info on me, and two who'd asked about me.

The reason I'm asking on this forum is that this is the only forum where my email address is posted, so if this isn't a scam I was wondering if any of you were members, and if so, who was asking about me? Or, conversely, if any of you had similar experieneces with this sort of thing.

Again, sorry to burden you with that, but I am curious.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

OT: Share your experiencesCheerful 7/24/04 9:13 p.m.
     Can't say for sure, but I'd bet it's a scam *NM*Steve Levinson 7/24/04 9:17 p.m.
           Agreed; and remember that your email address may *NM*Lunair 7/24/04 9:21 p.m.
                 ...have been harvested by a bot or a spider. *NM*Lunair 7/24/04 9:22 p.m.
     It is a scamCallie21V 7/25/04 1:26 a.m.
           Re: It is a scamEnkidu 7/25/04 4:04 a.m.
                 Re: It is a scamCheerful 7/26/04 12:22 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.