/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: PF Volunteers - Base of Titans/On Top of the W
Posted By: mattschenkDate: 7/24/04 7:31 p.m.

In Response To: Re: PF Volunteers - Base of Titans/On Top of the W (Dr. John Sumner)

These certainly are bizarre levels, but I like them for that. I would agree that the terminals may need some attention, I wrote them before really knowing which direction I was goind to take with the Comm AI and my confusion certainly shows in the text.
I did fix the pattern buffer in the basement of the opposing tower in "On Top of the World." Speaking of which, I've now been working on fixing PF for 1 day and have worked my way up to "Who Turned the Lights Off?" I'm using the generous criticisms and suggestions here in the forum plus my own ideas and observations to make the levels better. I know Andrew is also working on his levels, so hopefully by the end of the summer we can combine our efforts and post the newer version.

Back to the levels at hand. The architecture of these two levels was rather fun to try to design. "Base of a Titan" can be a bit annoying in the beginning to test over and over with all those switches, but by the end of the level I always love looking out the window and seeing the foundation of the tower below and the support pylons across the way. Then by the time you get to the top of the tower the sun is rising and the sky a bright red.
These two levels plus the next always kind of get me agitated, so when we start working for Osindir again it is such a relief to jump into battle guns ablazin' (or hooks if you don't use guns).
Well, I guess I've rambled enough for now
-matt

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

PF Volunteers - Base of Titans/On Top of the WorldSteve Levinson 7/24/04 11:38 a.m.
     Re: PF Volunteers - Base of Titans/On Top of the WDr. John Sumner 7/24/04 12:59 p.m.
           Re: PF Volunteers - Base of Titans/On Top of the Wmattschenk 7/24/04 7:31 p.m.
                 Re: PF Volunteers - Base of Titans/On Top of the WSteve Levinson 7/24/04 8:56 p.m.
           Re: PF Volunteers - Base of Titans/On Top of the WSteve Levinson 7/24/04 9:11 p.m.
                 Re: PF Volunteers - Base of Titans/On Top of the WDr. John Sumner 7/25/04 5:04 a.m.
                       Re: PF Volunteers - Base of Titans/On Top of the WAdam Ashwell 7/25/04 5:12 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.