/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

WMaiD weapon and monsters *pic*
Posted By: ErnieDate: 7/22/04 11:27 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Request to Marathon Community (Yossarian)

: I'm digging that HK G36, that's actually the commando version of that rifle
: and uses the NATO standard .223 Remington round. I think that'd be a good weapon for what you're trying to do. More information can be found on it : here: http://world.guns.ru/assault/as14-e.htm

Cool Gun, Yoss. However (and I'm sure this will make Steve L. Happy) I'm taking the speedy route, and using a modified Trilogy SMG. This has led to some cool content modifications:

The SMG Marines, modified from the Minf. Player sprite, and the bottom/top's of a M:RED Marine. Used with Ian's permission of course. : )

While the In Hand sprite for this SMG is the same as the trilogy - I've used a modified Item pickup. It just looked better.

I found the Rubicon version of Marathon that WMaiD uses has ... quirks. Most weapon slots are hardcoded to be rapid fire, regardless of Shape file or Physics changes.

To get around the Fission pistol *always* firing like the Rubicon Fission rifle, I made a self destructing "mine-like" fission gun. Pick it up, both triggers drop it - it dissapears after use.

What does everyone think of these?

Forrest: I'm glad you solved the M1 Weaponed M2 Enforcer issue. For me, one day he was working, the next - not. I'll drop you an email about the issue. I'm glad your scenario is so close to completion - WMaiD still has some cleanup issues to take care of. I spent a few hours last week creating one, all encompassing Physics model.

It sure beats dealing with 30 different ones.

"Duh!", right? hehe

-Blayne

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Request to Marathon CommunityErnie 7/20/04 1:28 p.m.
     Re: Request to Marathon CommunityLt Devon 7/20/04 2:14 p.m.
           Re: Request to Marathon CommunityErnie 7/20/04 2:32 p.m.
           Re: Request to Marathon CommunityJohannes Gunnar 7/20/04 2:33 p.m.
                 Oh Johannes... a questionErnie 7/20/04 2:43 p.m.
                       Re: Oh Johannes... a questionJohannes Gunnar 7/20/04 2:55 p.m.
                             Re: Oh Johannes... a questionErnie 7/20/04 3:08 p.m.
                                   Re: Oh Johannes... a questionMark Levin 7/20/04 4:29 p.m.
                                         Solutions found in obvious placesErnie 7/20/04 5:07 p.m.
                                               Re: Solutions found in obvious placesForrest of B.org 7/20/04 8:39 p.m.
                                               Re: Solutions found in obvious placesEnkidu 7/21/04 4:20 a.m.
                                               Re: Solutions found in obvious placesMark Levin 7/21/04 5:57 a.m.
     Re: Request to Marathon CommunityEnkidu 7/20/04 3:46 p.m.
     Re: Request to Marathon CommunityYossarian 7/21/04 7:04 a.m.
           Re: Request to Marathon Communitydeathmonger 7/21/04 8:21 a.m.
           WMaiD weapon and monsters *pic*Ernie 7/22/04 11:27 a.m.
                 Re: WMaiD weapon and monsters *pic*deathmonger 7/22/04 11:47 a.m.
                       Re: WMaiD weapon and monsters *pic*Johannes Gunnar 7/22/04 2:14 p.m.
                             Re: WMaiD weapon and monsters *pic*Ernie 7/22/04 5:10 p.m.
                                   Re: WMaiD weapon and monsters *pic*deathmonger 7/22/04 7:04 p.m.
                             Re: WMaiD weapon and monsters *pic*deathmonger 7/22/04 6:56 p.m.
                                   Re: WMaiD weapon and monsters *pic*Johannes Gunnar 7/23/04 3:28 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.