/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Eternal Release and the Marathon Community
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 7/21/04 4:06 p.m.

Continued from a post I had to cut short below...

On Sunday morning there will be Psyjnir mirrors available of the Eternal OSX Full Install in Hi-Res, Mid-Res and Lo-Res versions. Hopefully there will also be Fileball mirrors available. B.org uploads I think take a bit for Claude to get posted but hopefully those will happen quickly, I should email him to make sure everything is clear. I'm also looking into a Forerunners mirror arrangement but nobody's gotten back to me on that yet.

I'm going to have to rely on others to get an Updater Installer made, as well as figuring out OS9 and SDL compatability. Others have mentioned the possibility of creating multi-part downloads. In regards to all this, and touching on stuff people have mentioned about Trojan for AO and such:

***I am giving the Marathon community full permission and encouragement to do whatever they feel neccesary to help Eternal reach a larger audience, so long as the actual core content is not changed in any tangible way.***

Eternal doesn't work under OS9. I don't know why. I don't have the time or OS9-AO expertise to figure out why. If someone with OS9 can make it work on their machine, I'll be happy to take that and distribute it.

I don't have a PC, and my person who was going to do the SDL port is in vacation for a while. If somebody else wants to port it to SDL sooner, be my guest and I'll gladly distribute it.

Eternal is really really big. If someone wants to host it in tiny chunks, be my guest and I'll link to you.

Basically... I'm leaning full tilt into producing Mk II as soon as Mk I is released. The rest of it I leave up to you guys. Thanks.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.