/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

ETERNAL RELEASE PLANS
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 7/15/04 10:53 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Bug Free's The Way To Be! (Simon of team Sigma)

: Peoples are not interested in downloading part by part, Gary told me once to
: make Sigma available only when every chapters will be done instead of
: uploading chapters by chapters and separate game files, my suggestion:
: finish Eternal, then release as ONE big file instead of many parts.

I am going to do that for the RELEASE. But for TESTING, BEFORE RELEASE, WHEN IT'S NOT DONE YET as UltimaKungFu is saying I should... well, it's not done yet. How can I wait till it's done and released to test it and also test it before I release it? People also won't be interested in downloading and redownloading and redownloading slightly modified versions of a 100+MB scenario through beta testing.

Let me repeat this once again in big, loud, capital letters so everybody gets it:

ETERNAL MK I WILL BE RELEASED AS ONE BIG DOWNLOAD ON JULY 25TH, 2004. THIS IS THE FIRST VERSION OF THE GAME WITH ONLY 10 LEVELS BUT IT IS FULLY PLAYABLE AND "DONE".

MARKS II THROUGH V WILL BE RELEASED ON A TO-BE-ANNOUNCED, HOPEFULLY MONTHLY SCHEDULE AFTER THAT. THESE WILL EACH FEATURE AN UPDATED VERSION OF WHAT WAS IN THE PREVIOUS VERSION, *PLUS* TEN NEW LEVELS.

ETERNAL X WILL BE RELEASED ONCE MARK V HAS BEEN VOLUNTEERED. THIS WILL BE THE LAST VERSION.

IN THE MEANTIME, YOU CAN BETA TEST WHAT IS DONE SO FAR BY DOWNLOADING IT BIT-BY-BIT.

The reason I'm releasing incrementally is because I've spent EIGHT YEARS trying to get a big final complete package released, and I AM GOING TO RELEASE SOMETHING IN MY LIFE GODDAMNIT! As it stands, the first FIFTH of my project is already HALF the size of any of the three original games. I think that's a good enough chunk to release on it's own.

-Fobo appologizes for all the caps-lock but he's kinda pissed off and hates life lately.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Bug Free's The Way To Be!Forrest of B.org 7/14/04 9:36 p.m.
     Re: Bug Free's The Way To Be!Adam Ashwell 7/15/04 2:43 a.m.
           Re: Bug Free's The Way To Be!Johannes Gunnar 7/15/04 4:47 a.m.
           Re: Bug Free's The Way To Be!Forrest of B.org 7/15/04 7:42 a.m.
     Re: Bug Free's The Way To Be!Johannes Gunnar 7/15/04 7:18 a.m.
           Re: Bug Free's The Way To Be!Forrest of B.org 7/15/04 7:49 a.m.
                 Re: Bug Free's The Way To Be!Forrest of B.org 7/15/04 8:03 a.m.
                       Re: Bug Free's The Way To Be!Adam Ashwell 7/15/04 10:34 a.m.
                             Re: Bug Free's The Way To Be!Forrest of B.org 7/15/04 10:55 a.m.
                 Re: Bug Free's The Way To Be!Duff Man 7/15/04 8:03 a.m.
                 Re: Bug Free's The Way To Be!ukimalefu 7/15/04 8:07 a.m.
                       Re: Bug Free's The Way To Be!Forrest of B.org 7/15/04 9:02 a.m.
                             Re: Bug Free's The Way To Be!Johannes Gunnar 7/15/04 9:53 a.m.
                             Re: Bug Free's The Way To Be!Simon of team Sigma 7/15/04 10:37 a.m.
                                   ETERNAL RELEASE PLANSForrest of B.org 7/15/04 10:53 a.m.
                       Re: Bug Free's The Way To Be!Steve Levinson 7/15/04 12:41 p.m.
                 Re: Bug Free's The Way To Be!Siphonopho 7/15/04 11:26 a.m.
                       Actually..Siphonopho 7/15/04 11:31 a.m.
                             Re: Actually..Forrest of B.org 7/15/04 11:33 a.m.
                 Re: Bug Free's The Way To Be!Steve Levinson 7/15/04 12:11 p.m.
                       Re: Bug Free's The Way To Be!Forrest of B.org 7/15/04 1:02 p.m.
                       Re: Bug Free's The Way To Be!Syngekhoomei 7/15/04 9:42 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.