/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Bungie Day: Seven Memories of Bliss and Piss
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 7/7/04 4:55 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Bungie Day: Seven Memories of Bliss and Piss (ukimalefu)

: NO mention of Marathon. As if I needed yet another reason to hate Microsoft.

Bungie's actually been doing quite a bit of Marathon-related stuff lately. The top forum threads have been about all these Halo player's who've always wanted to play Marathon suddenly discovering they can DL AO and M1A1 SDL (and OMG WTF mb BBQ THX gg TTFN) and how cool it is to finally play the legendary Marathon! Sketchfactor has expressed interest in doing an interview with me about Eternal as a top news item. All you're seeing in those randomly selected reflections is that nobody still at Bungie was AROUND to have any memories of Marathon, except for Rob and Jason, and they're so old-school they're not probably not gonna be in the random selection.

All this recent activity has actually reendeared me to the company I thought I had lost. I still despise the modern state of the game industry in general, but when big companies I used to love get into the retrogamer community and touch base with the people that put them where they are, it brings a little warmth back into my cold and bitter heart.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Bungie Day: Seven Memories of Bliss and Pissdeathmonger 7/7/04 1:34 p.m.
     Re: Bungie Day: Seven Memories of Bliss and Pissukimalefu 7/7/04 4:38 p.m.
           Re: Bungie Day: Seven Memories of Bliss and PissForrest of B.org 7/7/04 4:55 p.m.
                 Re: Bungie Day: Seven Memories of Bliss and PissJohannes Gunnar 7/8/04 3:44 a.m.
           Re: Bungie Day: Seven Memories of Bliss and PissEnkidu 7/7/04 6:44 p.m.
                 Re: Bungie Day: Seven Memories of Bliss and PissAdam Ashwell 7/8/04 4:11 a.m.
                       Re: Bungie Day: Seven Memories of Bliss and PissBob-B-Q 7/8/04 4:55 a.m.
                             Re: Bungie Day: Seven Memories of Bliss and PissEnkidu 7/8/04 11:21 a.m.
                                   Re: Bungie Day: Seven Memories of Bliss and PissForrest of B.org 7/8/04 11:33 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.