/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: PF Volunteers - Who Turned the Lights Off?
Posted By: mattschenkDate: 6/30/04 3:43 p.m.

In Response To: Re: PF Volunteers - Who Turned the Lights Off? (Steve Levinson)

This was one hell of a level to make. The overlapping was hard, but making the illusion of activating two rods that penetrate through ALL the levels by actaully using a platform for each level was down-right frustrating. The other frustrating thing about this level is the error of the aliens getting stuck near the rods on the top level. Those polygons are monster impassable, so they shouldn't be abel to enter them-and they are too small! I have this horrible feeling I'll have to compromise the visual asthetic to make the dumb monsters work :(
The elevators were designed to give a little variety to changing between levels, and also to make it difficult to retreat. The fast moving elevator is actually really easy if you follow the first advice by Dr. John Sumner. Deactivate the elevator, look to make sure you can't see it, and jump down. I've never gotten stuck there.
Also, one of the terminals in the green room, I think the one that has the gibberish talk and mentions Mece, can be used to exit the level. You just get a slightly different introduction to the next level.
-matt

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

PF Volunteers - Who Turned the Lights Off?Steve Levinson 6/30/04 2:53 p.m.
     Re: PF Volunteers - Who Turned the Lights Off?Dr. John Sumner 6/30/04 3:21 p.m.
           Re: PF Volunteers - Who Turned the Lights Off?Steve Levinson 6/30/04 3:30 p.m.
                 Re: PF Volunteers - Who Turned the Lights Off?mattschenk 6/30/04 3:43 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.