/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

ask a little...
Posted By: acropolis.piltdownDate: 6/23/04 2:07 a.m.

Back with one little query, directed mostly at Forrest but also at anyone else who might have any sort of knowledge in this area:

Forrest, I noted a while back when you posted screenshots of Eternal (It's a rather apt name, isn't it? Anyway...) that you were having the same problem with semitransparent textures and OpenGL that I have now been confronted with: Ie, they don't really work. For some reason, when the texture files are parsed through or whatever is done to them, the light blue areas are not translated into transparent areas.

My own current speculation on this is that the OpenGL parser does not recognise the old Marathon standard of light blue, and instead one must make the areas actually transparent. (Not impossible, I believe at least the PNG standard which I am using has reasonable support for transparent areas) I have not, however, tried this, and may very well find it simply does not work. Have you, or any other, found a solution to this?

It is highly likely that at least I am missing out on something terribly, blindingly obvious, as this is usually the case. I would appreciate it, however, if someone of less clipped vision that I could answer my questions. :)

acropolis.piltdown

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

ask a little...acropolis.piltdown 6/23/04 2:07 a.m.
     Re: ask a little...Adam Ashwell 6/23/04 4:30 a.m.
           Re: ask a little...Steve Levinson 6/23/04 4:49 a.m.
                 Re: ask a little...Johannes Gunnar 6/23/04 7:58 a.m.
                 Re: ask a little...Forrest of B.org 6/23/04 8:01 a.m.
                       ... get a lot.acropolis.piltdown 6/24/04 3:03 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.