/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: I don't want to end up as an android's cat.
Posted By: Traxis_SpawnDate: 6/18/04 3:39 a.m.

In Response To: I don't want to end up as an android's cat. (Bill)

: However, the Super MRI caused quantum changes in the scientists when scanned,
: and they all developed rare or odd conditions. One of the guys went
: schitzo, and another had an uncontrollable sex drive. Weird stuff like
: that.

: Anywho, my point is that if we could get an accurate scan of a person on a
: molecular level, then it would be safe to rebuild people at the other end
: because we'd know exactly how to get the machine to reassemble them.

The point is that you cannot accurately measure ANYTHING without a change in the item being measured taking place.

An example: photons (the 'particles' of light) can and will erode any surface they come in contact with. Our friend the laser is proof of this. While the argument may be made that a laser beam is collumnated light, and that standard light can't do the same thing, that does not stand to reason. If light in any form is able to erode and or damage matter, then ALL forms of light must be able to do the same thing, simply on a different (in this case rather minute) scale.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Scientists Demonstrate Teleportation with AtomsSteve Levinson 6/17/04 4:43 a.m.
     Re: Scientists Demonstrate Teleportation with AtomBill 6/17/04 7:18 a.m.
           Re: Scientists Demonstrate Teleportation with AtomForrest of B.org 6/17/04 8:19 a.m.
                 Re: Scientists Demonstrate Teleportation with AtomMark Levin 6/17/04 10:26 a.m.
                       Re: Scientists Demonstrate Teleportation with AtomBob-B-Q 6/17/04 10:34 a.m.
                       Re: Scientists Demonstrate Teleportation with AtomEnkidu 6/17/04 11:16 a.m.
                             Re: Scientists Demonstrate Teleportation with AtomSteve Levinson 6/17/04 3:14 p.m.
                       Re: Scientists Demonstrate Teleportation with AtomForrest of B.org 6/17/04 11:17 a.m.
                       Re: Scientists Demonstrate Teleportation with AtomErnie 6/17/04 11:32 a.m.
                             Re: Scientists Demonstrate Teleportation with AtomMe_43 6/17/04 11:44 a.m.
                             Re: Scientists Demonstrate Teleportation with Atomukimalefu 6/17/04 12:01 p.m.
                             Re: Scientists Demonstrate Teleportation with AtomTraxis_Spawn 6/18/04 3:30 a.m.
                                   Re: Scientists Demonstrate Teleportation with Atomgoran 6/18/04 4:56 a.m.
                                         sorry, wrong name.goran 6/18/04 4:59 a.m.
                 Re: Scientists Demonstrate Teleportation with AtomMe_43 6/17/04 11:35 a.m.
                       Re: Scientists Demonstrate Teleportation with AtomForrest of B.org 6/17/04 12:44 p.m.
     Fascinating . . . But i'm not gonna be . . . .Jäger 6/17/04 1:43 p.m.
           I don't want to end up as an android's cat.Bill 6/17/04 4:14 p.m.
                 Re: I don't want to end up as an android's cat.ukimalefu 6/17/04 8:35 p.m.
                       10 Inventions You're Not Supposed To Know Aboutukimalefu 6/17/04 8:51 p.m.
                             Re: 10 Inventions You're Not Supposed To Know AbouJäger 6/18/04 8:50 a.m.
                 Re: I don't want to end up as an android's cat.Traxis_Spawn 6/18/04 3:39 a.m.
                       Re: I don't want to end up as an android's cat.Steve Levinson 6/18/04 6:15 a.m.
                             Re: I don't want to end up as an android's cat.Traxis_Spawn 6/18/04 9:11 p.m.
     I want to be the first human test subject! :D *NM*D-M.A. 6/18/04 4:50 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.