/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Eternal continuous sorta-alpha-thing
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 6/17/04 10:18 p.m.

Really more of a developer release, but whatever...

I'd just like to a moment, since Eternal is reaching a stage where it is becoming playable, that this is an "open content" and "open participation" scenario, meaning that if you care to, you can download and look at (or now, play) whatever we have done so far. You could just go browse through everything at

http://eternal.psyjnir.net/files/

and find everything you need yourself, but I thought I'd make it easier on everyone in case some people want to, say, marvel at the awesome hires textures in 3D and motion, rather than just screenshots.

What you will need:

Aleph One - you can nab a modified version with pretty icons here, but whatever the latest version is should do.

The MML - grab that here. Put it in a folder called "Scripts" with your Aleph One app.

The Images file - grab that here.

The Music - is optional, but really cool IMO. You can download it here conveniently in a nice small MP3 format thanks to Aleph One. You'll need to rename it to "Music".

The Textures - What we currently have done of the textures are in five shuttles which can be found here. Ignore the last one, the "CLUT shuttle". Sets 1, 3, and 5 are incomplete as of right now, but none of the maps use them either. All maps currently retextured use set 4, except for level 10, which uses set 2.

The Maps - The maps that are/will be used with the scenario are all in this folder here. The only ones that have been retextured and are "done" are Level 2 and Level 4. Level 10 is playable but has some mistextured areas that still need fixing and will probably get a nice facelift by the time it's done too.

The Hires Textures - are also optional, but again, really nice. Make a folder in your A1 folder called "Data". Then download either this folder (still 128x128, but true color), this folder (256x256), or this folder (supersized 512x512), rename it to "Textures", and stick it in that Data folder. Uhm... I just realized there doesn't seem to be a way to download folders via HTTP. I'll have to fix that part... later...

The Monsters - are so far very optional, but look kinda cool. There's an M1 Compiler patch here, and a mostly functional (needs some realignment) M1 Hunters patch here.

I think I'll make a table on the Files page of the main Eternal site with this information on it, so it's easier for people to find whatever the hell they want.

If anybody wants to keep track of what we're up to, we're using the Marathon Future Forum at Marathon.org as our base of operations, so feel free to swing by for updates. And of course, if you have anything to contribute, even just texturing the few mistextured panels on level 10 or some such, feel free to contribute.

Oh yeah, and Mr. Powers, please feel free to post this, or any Eternal news you find here, on ScenarioNews.

-fobo.out

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternal continuous sorta-alpha-thingForrest of B.org 6/17/04 10:18 p.m.
     Re: Eternal continuous sorta-alpha-thingForrest of B.org 6/17/04 11:16 p.m.
           Re: Eternal continuous sorta-alpha-thingBob-B-Q 6/18/04 2:24 a.m.
                 Re: Eternal continuous sorta-alpha-thingForrest of B.org 6/18/04 8:20 a.m.
                       Re: Eternal continuous sorta-alpha-thingJohannes Gunnar 6/18/04 10:31 a.m.
                             Re: Eternal continuous sorta-alpha-thingForrest of B.org 6/18/04 11:01 a.m.
                                   Re: Eternal continuous sorta-alpha-thingJohannes Gunnar 6/18/04 11:35 a.m.
     Re: Eternal continuous sorta-alpha-thingErnie 6/18/04 10:29 p.m.
           Re: Eternal continuous sorta-alpha-thingForrest of B.org 6/19/04 12:05 a.m.
     Texture ReplacementsForrest of B.org 6/19/04 1:43 a.m.
           Shapes ShuttlesForrest of B.org 6/19/04 11:43 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.