/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Xenobiology question
Posted By: ErnieDate: 6/16/04 10:32 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Xenobiology question (ukimalefu)

I ask becuse the GURPS Marathon (although not Canon) refers to the Nebulons as breaching Carbon Dioxide. Apparently they wear breath masks when going into battle.

Since the Nebulon ship I've designed for WMaiD (which looks kickass, thanks for the texture assistance Simon!) is rid of its crew by the Pfhor before your arrival.... I think I could avoid having the level flaged "in vacuume" to simulate the lack of oxygen.

It's always easier to have Durandal state that the onboard atmosphere recyclers have been inverted by someone, as he observes some oxygen particles leaking out into space via the alien crafts cargo bays.

Or something.

Point being, the Pfhor (at least, enforcer) are without breath equipment. If they wanted to hang around for an extended say on the captured Nebulon vessel they may change the habitat control a little.

The Pfhor (at least, some of them) breathe Oxygen/Nitrogen mix (?).
I presume the Fighters with their Breath Masks only have them because they like their air more humid (or arid, as the case my be) than normal ship environments permit.

-Blayne [ernie]

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Xenobiology questionErnie 6/16/04 10:36 a.m.
     Re: Xenobiology questionForrest of B.org 6/16/04 11:15 a.m.
           Re: Xenobiology questionCheerful 6/16/04 2:20 p.m.
                 Re: Xenobiology questionForrest of B.org 6/16/04 3:04 p.m.
                       Re: Xenobiology questionCheerful 6/16/04 5:13 p.m.
                             Re: Xenobiology questionukimalefu 6/16/04 5:22 p.m.
                                   Re: Xenobiology questionErnie 6/16/04 10:32 p.m.
                                         Re: Xenobiology questionSteve Levinson 6/17/04 4:55 a.m.
                                               One additional commentSteve Levinson 6/17/04 5:10 a.m.
           Re: Xenobiology questiona disreputable source 6/17/04 6:57 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.