/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Error on MSP timeline?
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 5/31/04 11:45 a.m.

A while back I noticed that the date for Leela's message arriving at Earth had been changed to an incorrect date on the Story Page's timeline. It was not the 92 years later that Leela said, which I always thought was so ironic as the "warning" arrived at Earth right after the Pfhor empire fell at the hands of mankind and S'pht; but instead, it was some significantly earlier date. I pointed this out to Hamish at the time and I seem to recall that it changed but it seems to be back again now. Does anybody have any idea why this is? Is someone else writing in asking him to change it back?

I know Tau Ceti isn't, in the real world, actually 92 light-years from Earth, but Leela SAID that that was when it was going to arrive and we can't just start ignoring canon information because it doesn't jive with the real world. Lots of Marathon doesn't jive with the real world. It looks like our universe isn't really going to collapse, but rather expand infinitely (and accelerating). Do we write off all of Durandal's statements about it then, or even the Infinity end screen, written AT the collapse? I don't think so.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Error on MSP timeline?Forrest of B.org 5/31/04 11:45 a.m.
     Re: Error on MSP timeline?Steve Levinson 5/31/04 12:30 p.m.
           Re: Error on MSP timeline?Forrest of B.org 5/31/04 1:17 p.m.
                 Re: Error on MSP timeline?Not Andrew Nagy 6/1/04 6:58 a.m.
                       Re: Error on MSP timeline?Forrest of B.org 6/1/04 8:07 a.m.
                             Re: Error on MSP timeline?Steve Levinson 6/1/04 8:30 a.m.
     Re: Error on MSP timeline?HolyMcGibblets 5/31/04 12:38 p.m.
           Re: Error on MSP timeline?Forrest of B.org 5/31/04 1:19 p.m.
                 Re: Error on MSP timeline?goran 5/31/04 2:21 p.m.
                       Re: Error on MSP timeline?Bob-B-Q 5/31/04 3:48 p.m.
                             Re: Error on MSP timeline?Hamish Sinclair 6/1/04 1:36 p.m.
                                   Re: Error on MSP timeline?Bob-B-Q 6/1/04 2:07 p.m.
                                         heh *NM*Yossarian 6/1/04 2:20 p.m.
                                   Re: Error on MSP timeline?Mark Levin 6/1/04 4:17 p.m.
                       Re: Error on MSP timeline?Yossarian 5/31/04 9:04 p.m.
                             Philosophy time! =))))Siphonopho 6/1/04 2:12 a.m.
                                   Re: Philosophy time! =))))Mark Levin 6/1/04 6:27 a.m.
                                   Shishka time? =)))) *NM*Not Andrew Nagy 6/1/04 7:02 a.m.
           Re: Error on MSP timeline?Steve Levinson 6/1/04 8:17 a.m.
                 hmmmm....ukimalefu 6/1/04 1:46 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.