/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: vid this level
Posted By: Dr. John SumnerDate: 5/6/04 5:37 a.m.

In Response To: Re: vid this level (Steve Levinson)

: He tried to
: talke me into taking the challenge - I definitely have the skills, but I
: just don't have the time and I'd much rather spend what time I do have
: typing to you guys.

I thank Steve for the compliment. I can also understand what he is saying about not having enough time. Getting involved with vidding a scenario is definitely time consuming. It can also be extremely frustrating. Dying time after time and having to play the same level over and over again is not something many people are willing (or care) to put themselves through. Let me share a simple story with everyone to illustrate what I am saying: Back when I was attempting to vid my first scenario, M2, the only level I had left was the notoriously hard "Begging For Mercy...". I had tried countless times to vid this level, and had come close several times. This particular time I speak of occurred in my office here at the university. I had some free time that day and was attempting once again to vid the level. If you recall, that level has eight nasty rooms that one has to visit before finishing the level. Plus it can take the better part of an hour to complete. Well, I got all the way to the last couple of enemies in the last room, just a few enemies away from FINALLY completing the M2 vidmaster challenge, when........I died. Again. :( To say I was mad and frustrated is a gross understatement. I slammed my fist down on the desk, said some choice words that I will not repeat here, kicked my desk, SLAMMED my office door as hard as I could (I shudder to think what my colleagues thought), and proceeded to walk all the way around the campus, just to cool off. Now please understand, I do not condone my behavior. Rather, as I type this I am quite embarassed by it. But it does show you how involved I can get with vidding and the effect it did (and does) have on ME. So what's the point? The point is that if anyone is thinking about vidding a scenario, just understand what you may be getting yourself into.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

vid this levelEric 5/5/04 8:09 p.m.
     Re: vid this levelEric 5/5/04 8:19 p.m.
           Re: vid this levelMista_B 5/5/04 9:17 p.m.
                 Re: vid this levelSteve Levinson 5/6/04 4:11 a.m.
                       Re: vid this levelDr. John Sumner 5/6/04 5:37 a.m.
                             Re: vid this levelYossarian 5/6/04 7:14 a.m.
                                   Re: vid this levelthe Battle Cat 5/7/04 6:44 a.m.
                                         Re: vid this levelForrest of B.org 5/7/04 12:30 p.m.
                                               Re: vid this levelthe Battle Cat 5/9/04 6:12 a.m.
                             Re: vid this levelEric 5/6/04 9:36 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.