/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: I'll give you my mind for a second
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 4/30/04 3:49 p.m.

In Response To: Re: I'll give you my mind for a second (goran)

: Eternal I don't know of, so I couldn't really take it into account. Red
: however, is very different, I agree with that. Rubicon though, I won't put
: in that category just because its somewhat dark endings. It's not the end
: of a plot that is interresting, it's the way towards it. Thing is, if the
: universe is destroyed in a scenario, or if just anything is destroyed, it
: has never awoken strong emotions in me. Without the right details and
: focus, you'll never make a player shed a tear. I want to play a scenario
: which makes me care, cry and bubble with anger.

I agree. This is why I'm so focused on writing well for Hathor in Eternal - she may be the villain, in some sense the ultimate villain of the player-character, his "arch nemesis", but she is also sympathetic. She is very much like him, she has suffered at the hands of the same people he has, lived very much the same life, but she has decided not to forgive, while he still sees hope in mankind. And all the while that she is doing the evil things she does, she opines at times with despair that this is all she has ever been - evil. And not evil with glee like Tycho or simply ignorantly evil like the Pfhor, but the pure all-encompasing evil of sheer madness, a tortured soul seeking an unobtainable vengance for many lifetimes of suffering - and then when she realizes that she can't win and her only salvation is to try and make some sort of amense for her own wrongdoings, she STILL can't help but be the very embodiment of destruction, and then she dies ungloriously, a crippled shadow of her former self, begging for mercy.

I want people to cry for Hathor when the time comes, even though she's the "bad guy".

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

TI/EVIL on OS X and "Bridges & Balconies"rampancy 4/27/04 7:14 a.m.
     Re: TI/EVIL on OS X and "Bridges & Balconies"Mark Levin 4/27/04 7:35 a.m.
           Bridges, Balconies, and RampsSiphonopho 4/27/04 10:47 a.m.
                 Re: Bridges, Balconies, and RampsJohannes Gunnar 4/27/04 12:31 p.m.
                       Re: Bridges, Balconies, and RampsSpeaker-To-Animals 4/27/04 12:59 p.m.
                             Re: Bridges, Balconies, and RampsMark Levin 4/27/04 2:45 p.m.
                                   Re: Bridges, Balconies, and RampsSteve Levinson 4/27/04 3:36 p.m.
                                         Re: Bridges, Balconies, and Rampsdurandalman1823 4/30/04 6:25 p.m.
                       Whither Marathon Aftermath?rampancy 4/27/04 2:09 p.m.
                             Re: Whither Marathon Aftermath?Johannes Gunnar 4/28/04 2:51 a.m.
                                   Re: Whither Marathon Aftermath?Forrest of B.org 4/28/04 10:18 a.m.
                                         Re: Whither Marathon Aftermath?Johannes Gunnar 4/28/04 10:31 a.m.
                                               Re: Whither Marathon Aftermath?Elliott 4/28/04 1:47 p.m.
                                                     I can't be quiet about this anymore :Pgoran 4/28/04 2:13 p.m.
                                                           Re: I can't be quiet about this anymore :PSimon of team Sigma 4/28/04 3:25 p.m.
                                                                 Re: I can't be quiet about this anymore :PElliott 4/28/04 9:03 p.m.
                                                                 Re: I can't be quiet about this anymore :Pgoran 4/28/04 9:51 p.m.
                                                                       Re: I can't be quiet about this anymore :PSimon of team Sigma 4/29/04 1:59 p.m.
                                                                             I'll give you my mind for a secondgoran 4/29/04 3:07 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: I'll give you my mind for a secondForrest of B.org 4/29/04 3:59 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: I'll give you my mind for a secondAdam Ashwell 4/29/04 4:20 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: I'll give you my mind for a secondForrest of B.org 4/29/04 4:40 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: I'll give you my mind for a secondSteve Levinson 4/29/04 4:27 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: I'll give you my mind for a secondElliott 4/29/04 8:45 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: I'll give you my mind for a secondgoran 4/29/04 11:24 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: I'll give you my mind for a secondgoran 4/29/04 11:27 p.m.
                                                                                               I agree with your point Goran - here's whyErnie 4/30/04 3:33 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: I agree with your point Goran - here's whyElliott 5/1/04 1:08 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: I'll give you my mind for a secondForrest of B.org 4/30/04 3:49 p.m.
                 Re: Bridges, Balconies, and Ramps•M 4/27/04 7:49 p.m.
           Re: TI/EVIL on OS X and "Bridges & Balconies"Me!! /_43 4/28/04 11:26 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.