/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

I'll give you my mind for a second
Posted By: goranDate: 4/29/04 3:07 p.m.

In Response To: Re: I can't be quiet about this anymore :P (Simon of team Sigma)

: What's going on with Pollution anyway? I would like to get a look on that :)

oh don't you try...ah heh, ok lets drop this joke now, pollution is progressing slowly with its second version of the story. I've put myself in a tricky seat as many of the mechanisms and themes in the scenario are quite deep, there's tons of explanations and theories I need to clear the fog from. Last time I worked on it I drawed 5 drawings of the pollution universe, just to explain to myself how my fiction world might work. (sorta religious stuff, why we're here and so on, how worlds were created and their purposes). When I was finished with these 5 drawings I stopped just to stare at them. Even after the drawings, my concepts still confused me, it's like the brain didn't want to grasp them, I had to convince myself over and over. Going back to the beginning and explaining the drawings to myself again and again. What were particular good, was that these concepts gave explanations to teleporting, time travel, mind reading, reincarnation, life and all other strange fenomens.

Right now I'm sorta stuck in a point of the development, where a race code has been extracted from the smaller minds of a race, which on its own works like a perfect lesser god.

I can say to you marathon fans here, that if I ever finish pollution, it will be different, I promise you that with god as witness. The story deals with futuristic dystopias, cleansing of biological errors, fragile minds, purpose of life...

Other scenarios usually takes a path towards the traditional structure of plot, where the player is a tool that is used to save a critical situation. This plot is somewhat unavoidable, I too, will follow it. However, even if the hero in pollution is a tool (in the bigger picture), he will be independent and be the force behind his own actions. Another thing concerning marathon plots, are that they're always the same, there's no surprises, either it's a comedy or a thriller. I'm tired of it. Never have we dared to enter other areas. It's time to die, it's time to cry, it's time to kiss your life goodbye.

Maybe we're scared of darkness because we're used to light, but there will come a time when it's required to walk where your footprints have drown in the tears of all knowing eyes. In time you'll follow me there...

-goran

we never had to listen to you
there's a shallow boundary
just put your life in the hands of us
we will guide your life to the perfect ones
and we will not follow the path of the dead

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

TI/EVIL on OS X and "Bridges & Balconies"rampancy 4/27/04 7:14 a.m.
     Re: TI/EVIL on OS X and "Bridges & Balconies"Mark Levin 4/27/04 7:35 a.m.
           Bridges, Balconies, and RampsSiphonopho 4/27/04 10:47 a.m.
                 Re: Bridges, Balconies, and RampsJohannes Gunnar 4/27/04 12:31 p.m.
                       Re: Bridges, Balconies, and RampsSpeaker-To-Animals 4/27/04 12:59 p.m.
                             Re: Bridges, Balconies, and RampsMark Levin 4/27/04 2:45 p.m.
                                   Re: Bridges, Balconies, and RampsSteve Levinson 4/27/04 3:36 p.m.
                                         Re: Bridges, Balconies, and Rampsdurandalman1823 4/30/04 6:25 p.m.
                       Whither Marathon Aftermath?rampancy 4/27/04 2:09 p.m.
                             Re: Whither Marathon Aftermath?Johannes Gunnar 4/28/04 2:51 a.m.
                                   Re: Whither Marathon Aftermath?Forrest of B.org 4/28/04 10:18 a.m.
                                         Re: Whither Marathon Aftermath?Johannes Gunnar 4/28/04 10:31 a.m.
                                               Re: Whither Marathon Aftermath?Elliott 4/28/04 1:47 p.m.
                                                     I can't be quiet about this anymore :Pgoran 4/28/04 2:13 p.m.
                                                           Re: I can't be quiet about this anymore :PSimon of team Sigma 4/28/04 3:25 p.m.
                                                                 Re: I can't be quiet about this anymore :PElliott 4/28/04 9:03 p.m.
                                                                 Re: I can't be quiet about this anymore :Pgoran 4/28/04 9:51 p.m.
                                                                       Re: I can't be quiet about this anymore :PSimon of team Sigma 4/29/04 1:59 p.m.
                                                                             I'll give you my mind for a secondgoran 4/29/04 3:07 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: I'll give you my mind for a secondForrest of B.org 4/29/04 3:59 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: I'll give you my mind for a secondAdam Ashwell 4/29/04 4:20 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: I'll give you my mind for a secondForrest of B.org 4/29/04 4:40 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: I'll give you my mind for a secondSteve Levinson 4/29/04 4:27 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: I'll give you my mind for a secondElliott 4/29/04 8:45 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: I'll give you my mind for a secondgoran 4/29/04 11:24 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: I'll give you my mind for a secondgoran 4/29/04 11:27 p.m.
                                                                                               I agree with your point Goran - here's whyErnie 4/30/04 3:33 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: I agree with your point Goran - here's whyElliott 5/1/04 1:08 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: I'll give you my mind for a secondForrest of B.org 4/30/04 3:49 p.m.
                 Re: Bridges, Balconies, and Ramps•M 4/27/04 7:49 p.m.
           Re: TI/EVIL on OS X and "Bridges & Balconies"Me!! /_43 4/28/04 11:26 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.