/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

RED 1.1 Too tired to kill
Posted By: DylanDate: 4/20/04 2:24 p.m.

John here is your revision thread. I have included Marks suggestions. I will now critique them and add my own.

#1 Add a briefing to the first terminal, in the room where you wake up, instructing you to talk to Ian in the hangar. This would make it explicitly clear that you have to tab characters in the game now, as well as showing that that panel is in fact a terminal, something that's done inconsistently for the first few levels.
#2 Make the door to Hydroponics take less time to open (seriously, it's just annoying right now).
#3 Add a briefing to the two Hydroponics terminals, again to make the player realize there are terminals there for the revisit later.

I think #2 is just silly to start, it's fine the way it is. On #3 the terminal should have an insanely boring log for that science officer. It should end with the first couple entries of the terminal on level 3. One more thing: The captain should have that special marine shape from jagermeister, look for him in the marine shapes file. It would give the player a hint that he's supposed to press tab, and also look much better...

Thanks for the shapes Mark!

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

RED 1.1 Too tired to killDylan 4/20/04 2:24 p.m.
     Re: RED 1.1 Too tired to killDr. John Sumner 4/20/04 2:30 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.