/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

RED Volunteers: END GAME
Posted By: Mark LevinDate: 4/19/04 12:32 p.m.

Michael's chariot is a bizarre mix of environments taken from all over the scenario, with human-style metal rooms, mystical pyramid areas, pools of slime, Organic infestations, and more. It's heavily 5D and can be extremely confusing the navigate, and the monsters regenerate *constantly*. It's difficult to find an idle corner to charge up in even if you want to.

This level requires exploration- to beat it, you must visit 5 locations. The required locations are, in no particular order:

• Both doors in the large eastern room. Walk through both of them to hit the triggers.
  • The western corridor in the Organic zone to the west.
  • The westernmost passage in the Organic zone to the north (immediately to the west of the door that lets you back into the Egyptian section).
  • The center of the largest room (to the east) in the metal corridors area.

Stepping into all these polygons will open the door at the north end of the intersection in the corridors area, letting you into the end.

A very difficult end it is too - I didn't comprehend just how devilish this room is until looking at it in Forge. There are actually two rooms in here stacked atop each other in 5D space, with the area in the center around the columns linking them. In one of these rooms is a door at the north end, set on a 60-second time delay. You trigger this door by running near the central structure, but this will also open that structure up to let out Michael and a horde of champion Metalloids. You must then survive the endless stream of Metalloids while running frantically around the room waiting for the door to open and not getting confused as to which room you are in. In the process of completing this room, I discovered that the Reaver Conch is quite unstable, crashing the game twice when fired against enemies at point-blank range. Make sure to charge up a fair amount and save before starting this room. Since this level is full of regenerating monsters, the final fight is also susceptible to the "monster lockdown" I used on Tastes Like Evil (this time I wasn't trying to use it to my advantage, honest- I was trying to see if it was possible to step on the trigger to open the exit without setting off the battle at all, waited around for a bit to see if the door would open and noticed that when I accidentally did trigger the attack they weren't moving). The best weapon here seems to be the Reaver Omega first trigger, since it tends to nail everything you can see at once.

Once the final door is open, step into the final teleporter for the realendgame...

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

RED Volunteers: END GAMEMark Levin 4/19/04 12:32 p.m.
     Re: RED Volunteers: END GAMESteve Levinson 4/19/04 1:08 p.m.
           Re: RED Volunteers: END GAMEDr. John Sumner 4/19/04 2:01 p.m.
                 Re: RED Volunteers: END GAMEMark Levin 4/19/04 2:58 p.m.
                 Re: RED Volunteers - Your thoughts, Ian?Steve Levinson 4/19/04 4:21 p.m.
     Re: RED Volunteers: END GAMEDylan 4/19/04 2:13 p.m.
     Re: RED Volunteers: END GAMEDylan 4/19/04 2:14 p.m.
     RED Volunteers:suggestionsDylan 4/19/04 5:02 p.m.
           Hmm.... aol.com.... *NM*Mista_B 4/19/04 9:00 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.