/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: RED Volunteers: Mmmm... Tastes like Evil
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 4/13/04 2:29 p.m.

In Response To: Re: RED Volunteers: Mmmm... Tastes like Evil (Dr. John Sumner)

: Heck, I don't mind telling anyone how I got it. I'm not ashamed.

Actually, I use the same strategy for finding secrets, as documented on my Rubicon Secrets page. It's interesting that John and I have very different interests when it comes to playing a level to the fullest. His goal is to pick up all the ammo, and he'll put himself in harms way to do so. No need to explore an area of there's no ammo there, but he'll use 20 rounds of grenades to pick up one magnum round (perhaps I exaggerate, especially since he's a master at fists-only).

Me, I'm interested in exploration above everything else - teasing out all the plot elements, finding all the secrets and living evey level to the fullest, leaving no area unexplored if possible. John and I probably both explore Come and Take your Medicine fully - John for the ammo and me to see what's out there (but I do pick up all the ammo, of course). On the other hand, if a particular area in a map is dangerous to explore and ends up wasting a ton of ammo to reach, I'll reluctantly skip it, particularly if I'm low on ammo. If there's a round to be had, John'll go for it.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

RED Volunteers: Mmmm... Tastes like EvilMark Levin 4/13/04 10:08 a.m.
     Re: RED Volunteers: Mmmm... Tastes like EvilDr. John Sumner 4/13/04 12:25 p.m.
           Re: RED Volunteers: Mmmm... Tastes like EvilMark Levin 4/13/04 12:53 p.m.
                 Re: RED Volunteers: Mmmm... Tastes like EvilSteve Levinson 4/13/04 1:07 p.m.
                       Re: RED Volunteers: Mmmm... Tastes like EvilDr. John Sumner 4/13/04 2:15 p.m.
                             Re: RED Volunteers: Mmmm... Tastes like EvilSteve Levinson 4/13/04 2:29 p.m.
                                   Re: RED Volunteers: Mmmm... Tastes like EvilDr. John Sumner 4/13/04 2:55 p.m.
     Re: RED Volunteers: Mmmm... Tastes like EvilSteve Levinson 4/13/04 1:00 p.m.
           Re: RED Volunteers: Mmmm... Tastes like EvilMark Levin 4/13/04 1:18 p.m.
     Re: RED Volunteers: Mmmm... Tastes like EvilYossarian 4/13/04 1:39 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.