/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Durandal had Jjaro partial origins?
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 4/5/04 7:00 p.m.

In Response To: Durandal had Jjaro partial origins? (Ernie)

: Curious. Steve, where did it mention in the trilogy that the Traxus project
: (that grew into Tycho, Leela, and Durandal) incorporated some Jjaro
: component?

Sorry I missed this one, Ernie, but there was no explicit mention of Jjaro origins for anthing human-built in actual Marathon gameplay. There has been a lot of conjecture over the years in this forum about the possibility of Jjaro origins for Traxis-based AI's and of course for the Mjolnir cyborgs. I have to get up in a bout 4 hours to catch a flight, so I'm not going to do a search right now, but I seem to recall that Strauss went into seclusion and emerged some months or years later with a breakthrough in the Traxis Project. Some have suggested that the Jjaor left technology on some of the Jovian moons or the like and that Strauss somehow discovered or applied some of this technology, but this is pure conjecture. The best evidence of our Jjaro origins was, again, the Infinity final screen.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

AI Transfers and Voyager ConnectionsBob-B-Q 4/1/04 3:55 a.m.
     Re: AI Transfers and Voyager ConnectionsSteve Levinson 4/1/04 5:42 a.m.
           Re: AI Transfers and Voyager ConnectionsKirk 4/1/04 8:49 a.m.
           Durandal had Jjaro partial origins?Ernie 4/2/04 5:27 p.m.
                 Re: Durandal had Jjaro partial origins?Yossarian 4/2/04 5:48 p.m.
                 Re: Durandal had Jjaro partial origins?Andrew Nagy 4/4/04 1:23 p.m.
                 Re: Durandal had Jjaro partial origins?Steve Levinson 4/5/04 7:00 p.m.
                       Re: Durandal had Jjaro partial origins?Yossarian 4/5/04 8:22 p.m.
                       Re: Durandal had Jjaro partial origins? - the MoonDocument 8/2/07 8:25 a.m.
                 Re: Durandal had Jjaro partial origins?Document 8/2/07 7:54 a.m.
                       Re: Durandal had Jjaro partial origins?Document 8/2/07 6:14 p.m.
                             Re: Durandal had Jjaro partial origins?Kyjel 8/2/07 7:27 p.m.
                                   Re: Durandal had Jjaro partial origins?Document 8/2/07 7:33 p.m.
     Re: AI Transfers and Voyager ConnectionsJoyeuse of Olde 8/6/07 10:24 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.