/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Modification To Game Idea!
Posted By: Starship Security OfficerDate: 3/31/04 4:49 p.m.

I made a modification to my game idea. Also keep in mind that I don't intend to create this. This is just a game I might patent for an expert computer programmer or some group. Hell, I don't know. There must be someway to at least distribute it. Anyway, I suppose you might be annoyed by this by now, but ah well, for those who are still interested, give some feedback.

The feedback that Yossarian gave me I tried to conform to. I made the origin of the weapons and changed the title from "Ultimate Homicide" to "Ultimate Assassination", like what was suggested.

Lastly, if you don't like this, just stay away and don't say anything, please. If you think its stupid like a couple people did last time, well fine, no need to be hasty, just don't post about it. Also no, I don't think i'll be porting this to a Marathon 3rd-party scenario, this will be a different engine. Actually, maybe it'll be built on the Q3 engine or something. I don't know, I haven't even played Q3. I'll try and figure something out, though.

Ok, here goes:

Game Title: Ultimate Assassination
Introduction: This game is basically like Quake or Duke Nukem or Doom, basically a simple shooter game, but much better.

Here's the story: You are Mack Lenn, a highly intelligent, strong and very capable marine in the world that has been nearly entirely devastated by nuclear war in the year 2455. The war has lasted a long time, and after the survival of the nuclear disaster that has now occurred in the world, your commanding officer was killed. After having seen him get shot moments before the nuclear disaster, you almost took back every criticism of your commanding officers' unfamiliarity with some of today's technology. Silly, really. But, the situation now just haven't paid you enough time to be even a little rebellious.

You were officially sent by the small and struggling government of the NST, abbreviated Nuclear Survival Terrans to be one of the guards for one of the villages of earth's survivors, now that a majority of the world has been devastated. You are one of the only marines remaining out there, though. The NST government has been sending communications across the entire world for any signals of other survivors.

They found one.

But when the NST sent in a scout to find them, the reports back were outrageous. The scout had been killed. Then some strange people used a transmitter and managed to communicate with the NST. They seem to be a group of degenerates that have formed a large group that are planning to become the new earth's government of communism, dictatorship and total slavery and torture to any of those who refuse, and if the NST doesn't surrender within 3 days, that these people would set off a nuclear weapon that they have stashed away. They would be our new, horrible leaders. Plus all of the degenerates in the constructed base they built are armed and dangerous.

NST refused to surrender. Wise choice in a way, the entire NST society would rather die than serve these goons, and wouldn't you too? But nethertheless, the NST would like to at least try to stop the nuclear weapon from destroying the entire planet. However awkward it was to send in only one marine, since security has now been important and scarce (since there are only a few marines left), and you are highly trained, intelligent, educated (yes, at that generation, marines had to be so capable that they were given a good education), strong and capable, you have been sent in solo by the NST to infiltrate the base constructed by the degenerates, kill any oppressors, find the nuclear weapon, point it to the outer space and launch it, so that it will explode within outer space and hopefully not kill any life forms.

And however cliche' it may seem, the fate of the entire world depends on YOU. This is it. This is Ultimate Assassination.

Description: Ultimate Assassintation is basically a simple shooter game like Doom, Quake, Duke Nukem, Wolfenstein 3D, etc. but despite its similar occupation, it is far better. In Ultimate Assassination, you have numerous physical capabilities, and there are more tactics to employ when you fight. Needless to say, if you simply stay stationary and fire your weapon, you are very likely to quit this nearly devastated earth. Ultimate Assassination is mostly action, but it isn't mindless action. You have to use your brains a lot, every weapon is as good as the other and has their own strengths and weaknesses. You may be tired or think it's just a little awkward how in games like Quake II, if you have something like the Blaster and if someone else has a BFG, no matter what position you're in, you're at least most likely to get your rear pummeled. Just stopping power matters in games like Quake II. You go up with an early weapon, and then you are either killed or forced to surrender or run away because your opponent is carrying a rocket launcher or something. In THIS game, in SOME situations you are most likely to get your rear pummeled, but in SOME situations, no matter what weapon, you may have a stronger advantage. Certain weapons correspond to certain situations, and you don't always have to do stuff like just deny weapons like the pistol all the time. In THIS game, no weapon is better than the other. Like sometimes, when you're in a narrow corridor and someone's approaching you, take out the shotgun. If you are behind an unsuspecting enemy and you got a good, clear shot, take out the pistol and shoot him in the head to make an instant kill, etc. Plus, there are often some puzzles you have to get past, basically mazes and all, and keys to doors and stuff, and it can become quite hard to find your way out sometimes, the degenerates have some decent security systems, they are kind of good for a recently scrapped and modified shelter for these degenerates. Quite frankly, though with a simple purpose, Ultimate Assassination is a thinking person's game.

In Ultimate Assassination, you can open boxes and take items out of them, but you store them in your inventory, so if you ever need to load some ammo you collected into a weapon, or heal yourself with any medical supplies you collected, or to put some more onto your armor to repair the damage etc., you can highlight them in your inventory and use them. Keep in mind that using them takes time before they're applied to your ammo/health/armor/other.

You have a maximum of 150% armor, and when you run out, that is not good, as you are quite vulnerable. Without armor, if you're hit in the head once with anything, you're dead. If you are hit in the torso once with something that couldn't kill you with one shot in the torso, your view kind of tilts, and when hit in the torso again, you're dead. If you're hit in the arms or legs 3 times, then that limb becomes disabled, and eventually if it isn't treated, you will die. So it's best to crouch, dodge, jump, use the right weapon and basically use and do all that is at your disposal, because while your armor can take a very good deal of damage before being destroyed, you should really be careful when you don't have it.

You start out the game with full health and armor, your fist fighting and a pistol with a decent amount of ammo for it with you. Like I said before, every weapon has its own strengths and weaknesses, so if you think "Boy, these weapons suck, so I'm going to want to get something like a shotgun as soon as possible!", then, well, you are right stopping power wise, but in Ultimate Assassination, remember that stopping power isn't all that matters, and that sometimes specific weapons work best. However, for situations that you'll encounter in the future, you will need to get more guns and more ammo. Just a precaution for when you start out.

In the end, if Ultimate Assassination is ever created, I can guarantee that you'll enjoy it if you're into fps and/or strategy.

Weapons:

Fist Fighting:

Fist Fighting has been around since the very early ages, and while there aren't very much requirements today for fist-fighting in wars and stuff, fist-fighting has actually proven useful, and you yourself have some considerable skill with hand-to-hand combat.

In fist fighting, it is simple: You kick, punch and occasionally head-butt (don't worry, since you have a helmet on you don't need to worry about losing brain cells) your opponents. Who here has played GTA III? The fist-fighting is basically like that. If you are up close, you want to finish off or weaken an opponent or maybe you just want to preserve ammo, if you know what you're doing, fist-fighting is an excellent technique for beating down those wretched terrorists. Plus it's fun to watch your hands, feet and view camera (head) thrust forward to strike your opponent from a first person perspective!

No secondary fire. When fist fighting, punches, kicks and head-butts are thrown randomly.

There is no limit to how much you fist fight.

Note: You activate fist fighting by pressing a specific key. Keep in mind that you can fist fight while carrying a weapon.

US .45 Military Pistol:

The Pistol is your trusty sidearm, proudly issued by the military for many purposes and for many years. The NST has used what little remaining technological knowledge and supplies to pick up where the military left off in modifying this weapon as well as others, and the pistol has remained quite a beloved and useful gun throughout the hard war, and will also be useful here. Always referred to as trusty side-arms, the US .45 Military Pistol has proven itself so much in its years of technological advancement that even those who were the least interested in pistols have often come to love and rely on them now.

The pistol is not a very powerful gun, so usually you wouldn't want to use it if you're in heavy combat situations unless maybe you and/or your opponents are in a certain position where the pistol may be a good choice. However, the pistol makes up for this by being able to kill someone in one hit if you aim at the head, unless that opponent is far away, so it's much better with head-shots than any other weapon in the game. Plus it's pretty accurate and has a decent firing rate and it is highly reliable. Plus, you can always use it for when your other weapons run out of ammo, so don't disregard it simply because it's a pistol. Your trusty sidearm!

Primary Fire: Usual firing, slow but accurate.
Secondary Fire: Assault mode, faster rate but not as accurate.

The pistol has a clip capacity of 12 bullets before you need to commence reload. Reload time is about 3 seconds.

'Hardcore' Shotgun:

In the past, the shotgun was often-and still today-originally used by psychotic thugs, bartenders and sometimes policemen. However, after having met new particular combat standards and requirements, the 'Hardcore' Shotgun will prove useful. It was commonly a good weapon suggested for You weren't issued this, but you have had some practice with it before, and you will manage to scavenge this off of some of the enemies and some storage rooms in their building.

The shotgun is a weapon that, while with some choppy accuracy and with bad firing rate (hey, at least it's pump-action), makes up for this by packing a good punch. If you're in close to medium range or if you are fighting an opponent in a narrow corridor, take out the shotgun and blast them away, because in those cases the shotgun triumphs over every other weapon. Plus, if there are a slew of enemies and you're in the right position, it can really make the group of enemies smaller and/or weaker. You wouldn't want to rely on it for accuracy or speed. But, thank goodness it's around! It packs quite a punch!

Primary Fire: Simple, fire straight ahead.
Secondary Fire: Three shells emitted at once, more powerful, but 3x reload time.

The shotgun has, of course, a one shell clip capacity before you need to commence the shotguns pump-action reload. Reload time approximately 1 second.

US 2455-Model Military Assault Rifle:

Since the creation of sub-machine guns, these types of weapons were the most commonly used firearm in military forces, after having finally broken free of those annoying and obsolete muskets. This is issued to every soldier out there, and it is true mostly, especially to blood-lust-type terrorists, that those who often use this weapon have learned to love its gatling sound, and the overall excellent firing rate. You lost your machine gun during the war before the nuclear holocaust occurred, but you may also collect this during your mission.

The machine gun is a gun that is clumsier in some respects than the pistol (ammo guzzling and slightly less accurate) and isn't as good as the pistol for head shots, but it makes up for this by having a much faster firing rate and more substantial clip capacity.

Primary Fire: Usual, fires straight, fast, pretty accurate.
No secondary fire.

The machine gun carries a clip capacity of 80 bullets before you need to commence reload. Reload time approximately 3 seconds.

2455-Model Demolition Grenades:

The miniature, hand-held artillery that were also very common for years and years. Still deeply beloved by the military and demolitionists, they were issued to soldiers. Grenades have been used since around the World Wars, and ever since it has been one of the primary pinnacles of demolitionist operations. You used them all during the war, but you may also collect them throughout your mission.

Grenades can be good for clearing out dangerous areas from behind cover, or maybe to try and kill people that ARE behind cover, maybe if you're in a good position you can go ahead and throw them to simply kill an enemy, but Grenades aren't always all that good in those situations.

Primary Fire: Normal, grenades explode 2-3 seconds after being thrown.
Secondary Fire: Manual, grenades are thrown and don't explode until you press the button to the detonator that you come equipped with at the beginning.

There is no need to reload grenades.

That's it. I hope that I can get this game patented so that some game making company/ies will attend to making this, or that maybe even I will obtain enough computer-programming knowledge to create this game. I hope that the AI of the game's enemies will be as advanced as possible: this is just a "shoot em' up and find your way out of each level" type game, but the graphics, tactics, AI and overall game-play I hope are excellent, pretty much far superior to any other simple fps and escape-level game. When this game is created (I hope it is created), I certainly hope that you will enjoy Ultimate Assassination and will find it very challenging.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Modification To Game Idea!Starship Security Officer 3/31/04 4:49 p.m.
     Re: Modification To Game Idea!Adam Ashwell 3/31/04 5:02 p.m.
     Re: Modification To Game Idea!Mista_B 3/31/04 6:24 p.m.
     Re: Modification To Game Idea!Yossarian 3/31/04 7:56 p.m.
     Re: Modification To Game Idea!the Battle Cat 4/1/04 6:12 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.