/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Eternal update
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 3/30/04 9:03 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Eternal update (Forrest of B.org)

: Oh yeah... and expect a chunk of those things to go away maybe by the end of
: tonight, cause I feel artsy and shit like that and think I'll make some of
: those custom interfaces and icons... maybe I'll do some ResEditing too...

Wow, I'm a one-man thread here...

Ok, I've created high-res (128x128) icons for both the applications (five standalone chapters and the total anthology) and their respective files. These don't look so hot when scaled down to 32x32... but I'm not entirely sure I care. It might be easier just to make the whole project Aleph-only anyway.

On top of that, I've created five chapter-specific versions of the main interface, mostly differing only in a texture layer and a tint layer, and a subtitle below the main title text. Chapter I, Marathon, is green with canvas texture; Chapter II, Pfhor, is magenta with an organic texture; Chapter III, Lh'owon, is orange with a lavastone texture; Chapter IV, Jjaro, is grey with a plastic/plaster texture; and Chapter V, Halo, will be aqua with a sandstone texture, though I'll probably change the base away from sandstone by the time we get to chapter 5, since that's just a holdover from when that texture set was the Water Lh'owon set.

I've also gone through the chapter screens and cleaned them up a bit, adding some nice borders to correspond to the above "themes" of each chapter.

Next thing I'll probably do is rework the old term pict logos to reflect the new characters, and the new colors/themes of the game. Each chapter has about one main character you're working with, though they're offset by half a chapter; Ch1 starts you with Hathor and ends you with Tycho; Ch2 starts you with Tycho and ends you with Leela; Ch3 starts you with Leela and ends you with Leela/S'bhuth; Ch4 starts you with Leela/S'bhuth and ends you on your way to the Monitor; and Ch5 starts you with the Monitor and ends you, briefly, back with Hathor again. Thus I figure I'll theme the characters Hathor = green, Tycho = red [close to magenta], Leela = yellow [close to orange], S'bhuth = white, the Monitor = cyan [close to aqua].

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternal updateForrest of B.org 3/30/04 5:48 p.m.
     Re: Eternal updateForrest of B.org 3/30/04 5:49 p.m.
           Re: Eternal updateForrest of B.org 3/30/04 9:03 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.