/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: A question for the resident Ammo Expert...
Posted By: YossarianDate: 3/28/04 6:32 p.m.

In Response To: Re: A question for the resident Ammo Expert... (Mista_B)

: Looks good; some comments: Is the rate of fire/power of shot altered to
: compensate for the loss of about 60 round? I'm guessing yeah.

It's ultimately Ernie's call, but I'd say in the spirit of the new design the power of the shot would definately increase, though the rate of fire would necessarily have to, though I understand how this could be a concern, no one wants to be reloading every other second.

The reason your power of shot (and recoil, prolly) are going to increase is that this weapon utilizes magnum rounds as opposed to standard pistol rounds.

: Can you still carry two of em? I ask that because of the front grip - unless
: that is required for stabilization, it would seem to add unnessacary
: weight in the case of two at once.

I thought about this, and I think that, compared to the original RED design, the extra weight at the front is an improvement. Now as much as I hate to pull out "the player is a super-human cyborg" card, he is exactly that (uh, is he Ernie?), and I don't think having one in each hand is going to be too difficult. I mean, realistically, shooting two of those at once is easier than shooting two double-barreled shotguns at once and reloading them one-handed, dig? I think that it would be utilized a s a two-handed weapon by normal human military/police/security but a dual weapon for the player, when he does indeed have two.

: WMaiD's shaping up to be my most anticipated of the scenario's - backup
: backup backup, fer goshakes!

Word. It's like I'm starving, and WMaid is the dinner that never stops cooking.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

RED Volunteers: Noises in the DarkMark Levin 3/27/04 9:35 a.m.
     Re: RED Volunteers: Noises in the DarkDr. John Sumner 3/27/04 10:10 a.m.
           Re: RED Volunteers: Noises in the DarkSteve Levinson 3/28/04 10:33 a.m.
     Re: RED Volunteers: Noises in the Dark: PistolYossarian 3/27/04 12:44 p.m.
           A question for the resident Ammo Expert...Ernie 3/27/04 1:12 p.m.
                 Re: A question for the resident Ammo Expert...Ernie 3/27/04 9:23 p.m.
                       Re: A question for the resident Ammo Expert...Mista_B 3/28/04 2:38 p.m.
                             Re: A question for the resident Ammo Expert...Yossarian 3/28/04 6:32 p.m.
                                   Re: A question for the resident Ammo Expert...Steve Levinson 3/28/04 8:46 p.m.
                                         Re: A question for the resident Ammo Expert...Yossarian 3/28/04 9:11 p.m.
                                               Re: A question for the resident Ammo Expert...Steve Levinson 3/29/04 5:55 a.m.
                                               o/~ See how they run o/~ *NM*thermoplyae 3/29/04 3:36 p.m.
                                         Re: A question for the resident Ammo Expert...Andrew Nagy 3/29/04 7:19 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.