/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

AO Carbon no longer loading in OS X 10.3.3
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 3/27/04 11:59 a.m.

HELP!

For some reason AO carbon is no longer loading on either my Ti PB G4 nor my wife's shiny new iMac. Both were recently upgraded to OS X 10.3.3, which I suspect may be the culpret. The problem is very bizarre and is not remedied by any of the usual methods. Here's the deal:

I have multiple copies of AO on my computers - one for each major scenario or Marathon flavor. Hence, there is an M1A1, an M2 AO, an Infinity AO, and Evil AO, a TI AO, a Red AO etc., each in its own folder with the original scenario files and an appropriate script. Each AO script is set up to save preferences for it's associated scenario in a separate preferences file - indeed, all scenario file names are unique so that an Evil game will not interfer with an Infinity game. All AO versions have been upgraded to the 12/25 build since Christmas day.

The first time I start up one of these copies of AO carbon, everything works fine. I can quit that copy and restart it and everything is fine. As soon as I play a game with one of these copies and save my game, however, from then on once I quit that game, I am unable to restart that copy of AO ever again. Each time I double-click on its icon, the bouncing icon appears briefly in the dock, but then quickly disappears and nothing happens. Trashing the associated preferences file from the Preferences folder in my Library folder in my home directory fails to fix the problem - the attempted startup dies so quickly that I doubt that the preferences are even being loaded. I've tried replacing the copies of AO with a fresh one, but this doesn't fix the problem either. Restarting the computer doesn't work. Trying a different copy of AO in a different folder for a different scenario is OK - everything works fine until I try to save a game for that scenario - then the same thing happens.

Hey, I'm not a novice at this. I know all the tricks of the trade. Is there another type of file being created elsewhere that I'm missing? Does anyone have any ideas on this?

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

AO Carbon no longer loading in OS X 10.3.3Steve Levinson 3/27/04 11:59 a.m.
     OK, anyone else using 12/25 carbon AO w/10.3.3? *NM*Steve Levinson 3/28/04 6:08 a.m.
           Nope, still on MacOS 10.3.2 :P *NM*D-M.A. 3/28/04 6:59 a.m.
           I'll load it up and have a look... *NM*Anaphiel 3/28/04 8:06 a.m.
           Looks like a problem...Anaphiel 3/28/04 8:40 a.m.
                 Re: Looks like a problem...Steve Levinson 3/28/04 10:28 a.m.
                       Re: Looks like a problem...Anaphiel 3/28/04 10:42 a.m.
                             Re: Looks like a problem...Speaker-To-Animals 3/28/04 11:43 a.m.
                                   Re: Looks like a problem...Steve Levinson 3/28/04 12:51 p.m.
                 Re: Looks like a problem...Speaker-To-Animals 3/28/04 10:31 a.m.
                 I have the same problem. What can I do? *NM*destuynder 5/4/04 3:37 a.m.
     I had a similar problem...Keith Palmer 3/28/04 2:11 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.