/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: For clarifications sake
Posted By: ErnieDate: 3/24/04 1:15 p.m.

In Response To: Re: For clarifications sake: M2, Minf and Rubicon? (Steve Levinson)

: The other is that the events of Moo corrected the
: flaws or the original M2 timeline and that all of the events of Moo never
: actually occurred. I discussed this a bit in my first post in the
: Rubicon Volunteers Series. So, my friend, you have a virtual blank slate
: and can interpret this however you please.

Excellent. Thanks for pointing me to that post, it also clarified a point that before was a foggy "I think" instead of a solid "I know":

"At the end of Marathon 2 [...] [Durandal] planned to head off with his S’pht to explore another ruined world, a companion to a rogue star that had been traversing the galaxy for centuries. [italics mine]"
WMaiD occurs in this Rogue star system.

I was curious to know if Durandal would have knowledge of Toth, as the entity existed in M2. Is that still up to interpretation, or are there solid Mara-canon backing the presumption Durandal knew/didn't know even peripherally about the S'pht [Jjaro] Ai?

From your statement:
"He warned you that the Pfhor were deploying the trih xeem and that Lh’owon would soon be riding the shock wave of its exploding star."
This would mean Durandal had knowledge of the Pfhor's trih xeem (early nova), and the effect of blowing up a star as releasing Chaos?
Would he "remember" this in the Rubicon timline where Durandal is no longer Toth-Durandal and the Marine is mortal again?

I'd presume Durandal would know about the existence of the trih xeem, and how nice a weapon like this would be to have - not the end effects. This line of thinking would allow me to side step the issue of Durandal's level of knowledge regarding the events of M2 / Minf in this respect, yes?

And finally: the "Pfhor Wars" occurs after the events of Marathon 2, or before/during?
I'd presume after Durandal (aside from the effect the Player had in Infinity) leaves with some S'pht to explore the galaxy and this Rogue star - the Pfhor Wars are just beginning. Thus, he steps in after the events surrounding the Rogue star (WMaiD), and intercedes using the Marine in Rubicon, proper.

I love extended-universe Marathon writings. No wonder I started up the MaraFF. : )

Thanks again Steve. Also, anyone with an idea re: this, please post. Community input into this is important to me.

Regards,
-Ernie

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

For clarifications sake: M2, Minf and Rubicon?Ernie 3/22/04 11:32 a.m.
     Re: For clarifications sake: M2, Minf and Rubicon?Steve Levinson 3/24/04 7:28 a.m.
           Re: For clarifications sake: M2, Minf and Rubicon?Adam Ashwell 3/24/04 12:55 p.m.
                 Re: For clarifications sake: M2, Minf and Rubicon?Krpy 3/24/04 4:09 p.m.
                       Re: For clarifications sake: M2, Minf and Rubicon?Adam Ashwell 3/24/04 4:20 p.m.
           Re: For clarifications sakeErnie 3/24/04 1:15 p.m.
           Re: For clarifications sake: M2, Minf and Rubicon?Forrest of B.org 3/24/04 2:32 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.