/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: The Physical Manifestation of Chaos?
Posted By: YossarianDate: 3/21/04 7:46 p.m.

In Response To: The Physical Manifestation of Chaos? (Ernie)

I think you have to understand the nature of chaos before trying to illustrate it. By it's nature, the characteristics of any one attribute cannot be accurately predicted. Chaos makes prediction meaningless. However, owing to the nature of chaos, the opposite is also true.

Simply put, I think chaos to be a condition in which everything and nothing will and will not happen. Chaos being what it is makes description meaningless as well, because no matter what you'd imagine it to look like, you'd be invariably wrong, but also invariably right.

But that's not what you're looking for, so how about this: Light overtaking darkness overtaking light as planets split apart in unnatural directions, molten cores evaporating and spinning away as a star implodes and explodes at the same time; bodies and moons appear and disapper randomly, as solid objects pass through them as if they weren't truly there, in fact, they are not, nothing is truly there yet everything is there at the same time, each piece, planet, comet, ship, and molecule is simultaneously dematerializing and solidifying, flowing free into confinement lasting milliseconds and infinities, time, gravity, mass, energy are amplified and diluted, coming in and out of effect, in and out of practical meaning, in and out as randomly as the objects they are supposed to control, thrown upside-down and inside-out as one might an old gym shirt to wipe up a spill of fruit juice on the kitchen counter, every event within this twisted reality would be reocurring, objects and ideas crossing over themselves and erasing, reoccuring and disapperaing, leering, smearing, searing, clearing, over and over again until there is nothing left but everything, a nebula of pure contradiction folding over itself and rolling through the blackness, consuming it, consuming everything without compassion for logic, regard for consistency, without a care for life and and the predicatbility it brings, because it knows it can have those things, it can have them all and throw them in and out of the universe as it pleases, because this roling mess of purple, moonless black and eyelid-peeling light is not unlike a beast, it is not unlike a soul, it is without feelings, yes, but it is not without feeling, and it is grasping, reaching and pushing outward with all the energy it does and does not have, like a hand through a a deck of cards, but backwards, spinning again, spades and hearts through the dark, one-eyed dark, joker wild, a strong breeze like the bell tolling backwards, but not being able to tell that it is doing so, the beast is hungry and full all the time, it is all of what it encompasses and it is nothing of it, it is what it is, like any other being, it exists (or does not)simply because it does (or does not), and by that it is to say that the nature of it is simple if it follows the universal rules of what we believe to be life, because it is alive (or not), but it is not sentient(or is), it is the absolute zero flash-point, it is an infinity syombol and a 1 separated by and equals sign, and worse, it knows nothing of regret.

So yeah, a picture of that would be kinda close.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

The Physical Manifestation of Chaos?Ernie 3/21/04 3:16 p.m.
     Re: The Physical Manifestation of Chaos?Adam Ashwell 3/21/04 3:29 p.m.
     Re: The Physical Manifestation of Chaos?thermoplyae 3/21/04 5:48 p.m.
           Here's a Piece of art I made - emergence of W'kkrErnie 3/21/04 7:07 p.m.
                 Re: Here's a Piece of art I made - emergence of W'Forrest of B.org 3/24/04 12:24 p.m.
                       Re: Here's a Piece of art I made - emergence of W'Ernie 3/25/04 8:25 p.m.
                 Re: Here's a Piece of art I made - emergence of W'thermoplyae 3/26/04 12:06 p.m.
     Re: The Physical Manifestation of Chaos?Yossarian 3/21/04 7:46 p.m.
     Re: The Physical Manifestation of Chaos?Ozymandias 3/22/04 5:32 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.