/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: The Pfhor
Posted By: YossarianDate: 3/18/04 6:44 p.m.

In Response To: The Pfhor (Anaphiel)

:snip:

:miss:

:bleeding cut:

Dammit!

:hasty bangading:

:snip again:

:::A lot of people see the Pfhor as being insectile, but they always looked softer to me, so I've gone with a sort of cuttlefish look for lot of the softer areas with a lot of obvious bony/shell-like exo- and endo-skeleton showing. Dunno how well that comes across.:::

:very careful snip:

Quite well, actually, but I don't see many softer areas on this dude. I've always thought of the enforces as being a little more soft and fleshy, but this work very very well. Perhaps maybe too well in that the hard look to him(?) seems to imply a thickness or skin/exoskeleton that makes the observer wonder how much room there is for internal organs or what have you. If I could make one tiny suggestion it would be to bulk him up a bit around the belly and neck, or, instead, a flowing cape beneath the armor?

Considering the captive human, I think it would be cool to hide him a bit, perhaps thicken the cryogenic goo...or scary floating eels (or not) so that the observer has to more or less "discover" the enforcer's catch, thus overall strengthening the impact of the piece as a whole and indirectly adding another dimension to the personality of the enforcer. I think this would sort of add more depth to the piece as all is not laid out and obvious after the first few glances...I know you know that but I'm just pointing stuff out cuz its fun.

Lastly, any thought to what's going to go on the bare floor left center? A Looker perhaps? The reflection of the marine in the window sneaking around the corner? A pool of radioactive green goo? Whatever it is I'm sure it will be good.

Those are just my $0.03 Canadian, I'm no artist or nothin' but that's the beauty of the forum. Again, a smashing job, this is truly very beautiful.

Yosarian.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

The PfhorAnaphiel 3/18/04 5:48 p.m.
     Re: The PfhorForrest of B.org 3/18/04 6:02 p.m.
     Re: The PfhorYossarian 3/18/04 6:44 p.m.
           Re: The PfhorAnaphiel 3/18/04 7:03 p.m.
     Re: The Pfhorcc-vortex 3/18/04 8:53 p.m.
     Re: The PfhorTodd 3/18/04 11:41 p.m.
           Re: The Pfhorthe Battle Cat 3/19/04 6:27 a.m.
                 Re: The PfhorMajor Major. 3/19/04 4:24 p.m.
     Re: The PfhorKirk 3/19/04 6:18 a.m.
           Sounds like a plan *NM*deathmonger 3/19/04 6:26 a.m.
           Re: The PfhorJorge Salas 3/19/04 6:31 a.m.
                 That are designed before hand by Jay :) *NM*Kirk 3/19/04 6:50 a.m.
     Re: The Pfhorthe Battle Cat 3/19/04 6:40 a.m.
           Re: The PfhorAnaphiel 3/19/04 6:56 a.m.
                 Bob, MarathonGrasshopper 3/19/04 7:21 a.m.
                 Re: The PfhorKirk 3/19/04 7:37 a.m.
                 Re: The Pfhorthe Battle Cat 3/20/04 7:31 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.