/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: What's with this dumb vidmaster stuff?
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 3/15/04 4:55 p.m.

In Response To: What's with this dumb vidmaster stuff? (The Green Marauder)

: Quite frankly, these guys just want you to agree to their customs and nail
: you towards doing all this stuff some specific way. And the vidmaster
: videos? THEY'RE BORING!

Sounds like someone who can't hack it as a vidmaster. John Sumner, the ultimate vidmaster, has tried to talk me into vidding, but I have made the decision not to because for me, it's not what the game is all about. As he says, vidding will consume you. I have better things to do - simply knowing that I can is good enough. As far as not leaving bobs alive - well, that's a matter of taste. Punching switches - just pure bravado if you ask me. Not using the caps-lock key for run - bad ergonomics that will eventually take you out of the running from an overuse syndrome if you use the standard keyboard layout. None of these really matter. The important thing is being able to go into a level without anything and to survive. It's all about style. I agree, watching a vidmaster film is boring, but you have to admire the abilities of those that recorded them. Sidoh's completion of The Rose is truly awe-inspiring - he does with fists what few of us can do with all the weapons we have at our disposal. And as far as fisting is concerned - this is just an ammo conservation technique and there is nothing in the vidmaster rules that says you can't use the AR or SPNKR if available. No, being a vidmaster isn't about playing by Bungie's rules - it's about being able to beat the game against impossible odds. It's about skill, which I have a feeling you don't have.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

What's with this dumb vidmaster stuff?The Green Marauder 3/15/04 4:43 p.m.
     Re: What's with this dumb vidmaster stuff?Steve Levinson 3/15/04 4:55 p.m.
     Re: What's with this dumb vidmaster stuff?Yossarian 3/15/04 5:28 p.m.
     Re: What's with this dumb vidmaster stuff?Andrew Nagy 3/16/04 10:50 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.