/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: marathon physics
Posted By: Adam AshwellDate: 3/15/04 10:21 a.m.

In Response To: Re: marathon physics (cc-vortex)

: Whats MML?

First off, a message to all: "Adam" is me, when I was at school today I forgot to put in "Ashwell".

And now, in answer to your question, MML is Marathon Markup Language, a...um...."subset" (I know it's probably not the right word) of XML. It's only in Aleph One, and it's used to do some things like adding ingame music, turning the motion sensor on and off, etc.

I've only used it, as I said before, for Aleph One B&B. Most of you know what I'm talking about (you probably know more about it than I do), but for those of you who don't, B&B was an experimental version of Aleph One that allowed full 3D polygons, like a floating cube in the center of the room that can be viewed from all sides (none of this untextured wall trick stuff, this is the real deal). Unfortunately, it was abandoned by its creator, and unfortunately no one took up the flame. This was about 3 years ago, actually.

MML was created by, I think, Loren Petrich. It's counterpart is Lua, a rather new scripting language that allows the scripting of ingame events, like moving monsters around or cinematics (using cameras and stuff). Before Lua was Pfhortran, but presumable Lua was a much better language, so Pfhortran was killed off. It's a pity, because just when I was 3/4 of the way through learning Pfhortran suddenly Lua was the dominant ingame scripting language. If you're all wondering why my messages are so long today, it's because I'm very bored =P.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

marathon physicstcm 3/9/04 8:03 p.m.
     Re: marathon physicsdurandalman1823 3/13/04 4:15 p.m.
           Re: marathon physicsAdam Ashwell 3/13/04 4:21 p.m.
           Re: marathon physicstcm 3/14/04 7:00 p.m.
                 Re: marathon physicsAdam 3/15/04 5:25 a.m.
                       Re: marathon physicscc-vortex 3/15/04 9:20 a.m.
                             Re: marathon physicsAdam Ashwell 3/15/04 10:21 a.m.
                       Re: marathon physicstcm 3/18/04 9:21 p.m.
                             Re: marathon physicsElliott 3/19/04 8:16 a.m.
                                   Re: marathon physicstcm 3/21/04 7:58 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.