/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: A1 OSX MML scripting
Posted By: AdamDate: 3/15/04 5:38 a.m.

In Response To: A1 OSX MML scripting (Nicholai)

: how I do MML scripts inside A1 OsX version?
: With Res Edit?

: Thanks

Aye, that's a long story. And since I'm very bored in school with nothing else to do, I'm going to try to answer your question. Hold on to your hats, braces, and ear lobes.

Alright, there are two ways that you could write MML scripts that A1 will read. Unfortunately, all my experiences with MML took place before the old beige G3 that I used to use for mapmaking and such was replaced with a brand spankin' new eMac, so I only know how to do it on OS9. First of all, yes, ResEdit is the tool of choice, at least on OS9. Open the map with ResEdit, make a Txt resource (I think that's the name, I'm not sure), and script away. Or, you could download Cranberry, the Aleph One scripting application. It does both MML and Lua. Cranberry is OSX compatible, I know that. I've never used it much myself, because my only runins with MML were when I was playing around with Aleph One B&B, and I don't think Cranberry ever supported that. You can find Cranberry somewhere at www.source.bungie.org. I'm sorry, but the school's computers have a really slow internet connection and they're quite irritating (at least they're Macs), so I can't dig around for the exact link to it. So I think your best bet would be Cranberry.

Of course, I'm definetly no expert on the subject, I'm just a 13 year old who happened to play around with MML over a year ago.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

A1 OSX MML scriptingNicholai 3/14/04 8:21 p.m.
     Re: A1 OSX MML scriptingAdam 3/15/04 5:38 a.m.
     Re: A1 OSX MML scriptingSteve Levinson 3/15/04 7:26 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.