/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Sadly, yes, B&B is dead
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 2/27/04 5:33 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Total Texture Enhancement Pack - Compressed! (Adam Ashwell)

: Please forgive me if someone else has already posted on this, but I would
: just like to know, is B&B completely dead? I thought that it was probably
: one of the best possible engine advances to Marathon that could be made,
: and I believe that I'm not the only one (how could several mapmaker be
: wrong?), so I doubt that B&B would be killed off. Again, I'm sorry if
: someone else has posted on this. I know that it can be irritating when
: someone digs up an old controversial topic.

I've spent the last half-hour searching for the official announcement, but it was a few years back and the developer of the original B&B code just didn't have the time to work on it any more. He did leave some info on how to incorporate B&B code and there is a scripting page at source.bungie.org, but as far as I know, no one has picked up the torch. It's too bad, as B&B offers a lot and it can be the only alternative for those with older hardware that just can't hack the OpenGL features of AO. I would love to see an update of the code to carbonize it and to make it compatible with the current implementation of hi-res textures etc. There are also some kinks to work out including dimensional errors that make it impossible for the marine to fit through doors in some scenarios. If you're a decent programmer . . .

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Total Texture Enhancement Packthe Battle Cat 2/23/04 8:39 a.m.
     Re: Total Texture Enhancement PackKrpy 2/23/04 10:44 a.m.
           Re: Total Texture Enhancement PackJohannes Gunnar 2/23/04 11:23 a.m.
                 Re: Total Texture Enhancement PackAdam Ashwell 2/23/04 11:29 a.m.
                 Re: Total Texture Enhancement PackElliott 2/23/04 12:44 p.m.
                 Re: Total Texture Enhancement PackSteve Levinson 2/23/04 7:24 p.m.
                       Re: Total Texture Enhancement Pack - Compressed!Steve Levinson 2/24/04 2:05 p.m.
                             Re: Total Texture Enhancement Pack - Compressed!Speaker-To-Animals 2/24/04 8:15 p.m.
                                   Re: Total Texture Enhancement Pack - Compressed!Steve Levinson 2/25/04 5:21 a.m.
                                         Re: Total Texture Enhancement Pack - Compressed!Speaker-To-Animals 2/25/04 6:16 p.m.
                                               Re: Total Texture Enhancement Pack - Compressed!Steve Levinson 2/26/04 6:53 a.m.
                                                     Re: Total Texture Enhancement Pack - Compressed!Adam Ashwell 2/26/04 1:31 p.m.
                                                           Sadly, yes, B&B is deadSteve Levinson 2/27/04 5:33 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Sadly, yes, B&B is deadthe Battle Cat 2/28/04 8:17 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Sadly, yes, B&B is deadSteve Levinson 2/28/04 8:25 a.m.
                             Total Texture Enhancement Pack - Note to PC UsersOckham's Razor 2/26/04 9:26 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.