/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Activity on the Forum
Posted By: YossarianDate: 2/16/04 12:57 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Activity on the Forum (Johannes Gunnar)

: This just goes in waves... sometimes it's wicked, sometimes the forum is dead
: for two days or more..

Yup. I've been here pretty much since the beginning on and off. Whenever an old face drops away its usually replaced by an new one or someone from way back when comes back for a while.

Generally I'd say this forum is pretty healthy, I do recall more robust times, but I think I recall slower times as well. I think the forum has really stole a lot of the momentum the Story Page used to hold, and we don't even see Hamish around here very often anymore. :( His last post was over 40 days ago.

So I guess Google is kind of a mixed blessing, if it wasn't for all the fresh blood we'd be like LeStat; drinking the blood of rats and bats in a run down New Orleans whorehouse. But I digress.

At least this place isn't like the Mara.org forums, which are, miraculously, still up, but posts rarely exceed two or three a week. I remember when that place used to be straight hoppin', but I guess this forum did a good job of killing those off too, which is too bad, there's a lot of good threads stuck in there collecting dust...

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Activity on the ForumAdam Ashwell 2/16/04 11:55 a.m.
     Re: Activity on the ForumJohannes Gunnar 2/16/04 12:14 p.m.
           Re: Activity on the ForumMark Levin 2/16/04 12:52 p.m.
                 Re: Activity on the ForumLunair 2/19/04 1:39 p.m.
                       Re: Activity on the ForumElliott 2/19/04 3:07 p.m.
                             Re: Activity on the ForumAdam Ashwell 2/19/04 3:48 p.m.
                                   Re: Activity on the Forumthe Battle Cat 2/20/04 6:03 a.m.
                                         Re: Activity on the ForumA Chinese Austin Powers 2/20/04 11:12 a.m.
                                               Re: Activity on the Forumthe Battle Cat 2/21/04 7:51 a.m.
                                                     Re: Activity on the ForumYossarian 2/21/04 9:00 a.m.
           Re: Activity on the ForumYossarian 2/16/04 12:57 p.m.
                 Re: Activity on the ForumJohannes Gunnar 2/16/04 2:16 p.m.
                       Re: Activity on the ForumElliott 2/16/04 4:35 p.m.
                             Re: Activity on the ForumYossarian 2/17/04 3:53 a.m.
                                   Re: Activity on the ForumAndrew Nagy 2/17/04 12:42 p.m.
     Re: Activity on the ForumRyanman 2/16/04 5:57 p.m.
           Re: Activity on the ForumMista_B 2/19/04 7:38 p.m.
                 Re: Activity on the ForumYossarian 2/20/04 4:13 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.