/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Hey, I could use some help here
Posted By: the Battle CatDate: 2/16/04 11:39 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Hey, I could use some help here (Johannes Gunnar)

: I hope you didn't download the source code.. :-P

That's probably what happened. The link at the bottom of this page should be the game itself. If you can run Quake II and you have OS10.2 or above you can run this CATS. It is a lot of fun in a mindless mayhem sort of way. You can play net, or two forms of solo. One solo is a normal seeming solo game where you save your progress. The second solo game is where you are thrown into a level and given 5 or ten seconds to gather ammo for the onslaught to come. You survive that, you are thrown into another level until you spit up and die. Starting a game is a little unusual. You double click the game icon and you are put into a net level, hit escape to get a menu of other game play. Hey, it's free.

If you insist on a story line, you can make one up ad hoc as the blood, slop and gristle fill the screen.

Leia: "Help me Obi Wan, no wait... TAKE me Obi Wan, no wait... Jump my car Obi Wan... no wait CATCH MY BABY!"
Obi Wan: "That's odd, I don't remember owning hemorrhoids:

Luke: "You killed my father!"
Vader: "Luke, you were adopted"

Leia: (incredulously) "You came in THAT thing??!!??"
Han: "PUT DOWN MY BLOW UP DOLL!!"

The faster you invent dialog the better it goes. Just remember to stop after the game is over.

Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

Cube

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Hey, I could use some help hereCATS 2/4/04 4:41 a.m.
     Re: Hey, I could use some help hereD-M.A. 2/4/04 5:37 a.m.
           Re: Hey, I could use some help hereCATS 2/4/04 2:22 p.m.
                 Re: Hey, I could use some help hereukimalefu 2/4/04 6:36 p.m.
                       Re: Hey, I could use some help here *NM*CATS 2/5/04 4:02 a.m.
                       Re: Hey, I could use some help hereCATS 2/5/04 4:06 a.m.
                             Re: Hey, I could use some help hereD-M.A. 2/5/04 4:39 a.m.
                             Re: Hey, I could use some help herethe Battle Cat 2/5/04 5:55 a.m.
                                   Re: Hey, I could use some help hereblogo 2/7/04 3:02 p.m.
                                         Re: Hey, I could use some help herethe Battle Cat 2/8/04 7:50 a.m.
     Re: Hey, I could use some help herethe Battle Cat 2/4/04 6:21 a.m.
           Re: Hey, I could use some help hereCATS 2/15/04 1:05 p.m.
                 Re: Hey, I could use some help hereCATS 2/15/04 1:33 p.m.
                       Re: Hey, I could use some help hereJohannes Gunnar 2/15/04 2:01 p.m.
                             Re: Hey, I could use some help herethe Battle Cat 2/16/04 11:39 a.m.
                                   Re: Hey, I could use some help herethe Battle Cat 2/17/04 6:32 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.