/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Eric Hill's "RebelBase Infinity"
Posted By: Dr. John SumnerDate: 2/15/04 6:01 a.m.

I was replaying the two-level M2 scenario "RebelBase" the past couple of days. This is a very beautiful scenario by the creator of "The Black Series", Eric Hill. It was also ported to MI as "RebelBase Infinity". Before replaying the Infinity version, I wanted to ask everyone in the Marathon community a question in the hopes that someone might have a quick answer. If not, then I will try and locate Eric and ask him. (BTW does anyone have a current email address for Eric?)

In the last level of the Infinity version, the player starts out in the "docking bay" portion of the level. In the M2 version, this "docking bay" is actually the final room that leads to the exit terminal, and is reached only after completely exploring the rest of the level. However, as far as I can tell, in the Infinity version, the player cannot reach the rest of the level. A quick check with Forge shows that the player is confined to this "docking bay", as well as a small portion of the map that contains the exit terminal for the level. Thus in the Infinity version, the player visits only a tiny portion of what should be a very large and enjoyable level to play. What I am asking is this: Does anyone know why the vast majority of the last level in the Infinity version was left out of the player's reach? Or am I missing something and the player actually CAN reach the rest of the level? Any help would be appreciated.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.