/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Want feedback on idea
Posted By: Little KagoDate: 2/11/04 10:02 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Want feedback on idea (the Battle Cat)

tcp/ip is a must.

one thing i'd love to see is complete and total freedom of mouselook - full up and down vision. it's been done with almost all good doom open source versions (among so many other things that far outdo A1), and although i am not a programmer i'd have a hard time believing it couldn't be done with marathon. in fact this is the main reason i don't bother with A1 now. my mac is an older os9 machine and so for me about the ONLY thing that A1 that i remotely care about, as a player, is the openGL graphics, but personally it just doesn't make it look better enough for me to deal with A1.

someone might say that having full vision screws up the way enemies and objects look at extreme angles. yes, it does. but i personally couldn't care less, and it's not that big of a deal at all. and if purists yabber about it not being marathon enough then add an option for the old restricted view. not being able to look around fully is primitive and savage in this day and age.

also, most doom clients (and practically all fps' do now) work on the client-server design now. couldn't this be done with A1? i think developers and players alike would love to have a console to pull down at any time and tool around with.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Want feedback on ideaMe!! 2/8/04 9:28 p.m.
     Re: Want feedback on ideaJacke 2/9/04 6:04 a.m.
     Re: Want feedback on ideaElliott 2/9/04 7:55 a.m.
     Re: Want feedback on ideaSteve Levinson 2/9/04 9:26 a.m.
           Re: Want feedback on ideaJacke 2/9/04 10:18 a.m.
                 Re: Want feedback on ideathe Battle Cat 2/10/04 5:40 a.m.
                       Re: Want feedback on ideaD-M.A. 2/10/04 5:45 a.m.
                             Re: Want feedback on ideaSteve Levinson 2/10/04 6:27 a.m.
                                   Re: Want feedback on ideaJacke 2/10/04 6:50 a.m.
                                         Re: Want feedback on ideathe Battle Cat 2/11/04 5:57 a.m.
                                   Re: Want feedback on ideaD-M.A. 2/10/04 6:50 a.m.
                                         Re: Want feedback on ideaMe!! /_43 2/11/04 1:17 p.m.
                                               Re: Want feedback on ideaD-M.A. 2/12/04 12:46 a.m.
                                   Re: Want feedback on ideathe Battle Cat 2/11/04 6:27 a.m.
                                         Re: Want feedback on ideaLittle Kago 2/11/04 10:02 a.m.
                                               Re: Want feedback on ideaMe!! 2/11/04 12:54 p.m.
                                                     Re: Want feedback on ideaLittle Kago 2/11/04 6:41 p.m.
                                                           Re: Want feedback on ideaMe!! /_43 2/12/04 3:53 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Want feedback on ideaLittle Kago 2/12/04 5:44 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Want feedback on ideathe Battle Cat 2/13/04 6:45 a.m.
           Re: Want feedback on ideaMe!! 2/11/04 1:07 p.m.
                 I like thisgoran 2/11/04 1:54 p.m.
                       Re: I like thisElliott 2/11/04 3:38 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.