/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Evil Volunteers: Life's End
Posted By: Dr. John SumnerDate: 2/10/04 2:31 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Evil Volunteers: Life's End (Steve Levinson)

I just have a couple of mapmaking questions for everyone concerning this level. First of all, at the very beginning of the map, once you grab the chip, and go through the first door, there is a door to your immediate right. The small room behind the door has a Fusion pistol, a Fusion battery and an extra Magnum. Also in that room is a teleport poly that takes you to the M1 area mentioned by Mark. That door DOES open once you insert the chip at the end of the level. Unfortunately, the chip also causes a platform to lower next to the PB (did everyone notice this?) back at the beginning of the level, preventing the player from accessing that room and it's ammo. I was just wondering if anyone had any speculation as to what the Evil team might have had in mind with that room. Was it at one time meant to play an active role in the level do you think?

The second question I have concerns the large room right before the circular lava room at the end of the level. In this large room, there are supposed to be (among other enemies) two Kamakazi drones at the extreme right and left side of the room on the floor. They do not teleport in, but are supposed to be sitting there when you enter. I have never seen these two drones in this room. The only reason I bring it up is that the two polys they are sitting on have a floor height of -9. Am I correct in that this is the smallest floor height one can have in a map? Have you ever seen another map that has polys with this floor height with monsters stationed on them? Does the game engine not recognize those enemies because of the floor height being -9? Or is it possible those drones really aren't supposed to be there in the first place. Just curious.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Evil Volunteers: Life's EndMark Levin 2/10/04 9:22 a.m.
     Re: Evil Volunteers: Life's EndSteve Levinson 2/10/04 10:53 a.m.
           Re: Evil Volunteers: Life's EndElliott 2/10/04 11:27 a.m.
           Re: Evil Volunteers: Life's EndMark Levin 2/10/04 11:27 a.m.
           Re: Evil Volunteers: Life's EndDr. John Sumner 2/10/04 2:31 p.m.
                 Re: Evil Volunteers: Life's EndMark Levin 2/10/04 9:47 p.m.
                       Re: Evil Volunteers: Life's EndDr. John Sumner 2/11/04 4:09 a.m.
           Re: Evil Volunteers: Life's EndSpeaker-To-Animals 2/10/04 7:37 p.m.
                 Re: Trojan for M2 in AOSteve Levinson 2/11/04 6:05 a.m.
                       Re: Trojan for M2 in AOMaxX 2/11/04 4:32 p.m.
     Re: Evil Volunteers: Life's EndAdam Ashwell 2/10/04 11:38 a.m.
           I intend to *NM*Steve Levinson 2/10/04 1:13 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.