/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Evil Volunteers: Parathymeter
Posted By: Dr. John SumnerDate: 2/7/04 4:34 a.m.

In Response To: Evil Volunteers: Parathymeter (Steve Levinson)

: Once you insert the chip in the slot that is
: clearly visible across the way, you'll be able to enter a series of four
: underwater towers, starting with the one that is farthest from the pattern
: buffer, destroying wires at the top of each tower.

I think this is one of the most beautiful levels I have seen in any scenario. Steve is right in that it is a very hard level no matter what approach you take. My own personal strategy is the first one he mentioned. Drop down to the terminal and teleport over to the PB.

I also want to mention that it is possible to avoid the third tower completely. If you stand on the outside ledge near the 1x recharger, the ledge that overlooks the water, it is possible to jump over to the top of the fourth tower. After smashing the wires and inserting the chip, the third tower is no longer necessary. Of the two smashable wires at the top of the third tower, one opens access to the fourth tower. The other opens a necessary door inside the central structure. However, that door is also controlled by the player, despite the tag association between it and the smashable wires at the top of the third tower. Thus it is not necessary to visit the third tower.

Steve, you didn't mention anything about oxygen on this level. Did you run into a problem with it? I found myself getting pretty low by the end of the level. If the next level had been a vacuum level, I would have been in serious trouble. I know it is partly due to my style of play. I assume yoru style did not cause you to run into problems? Anyone has never played this level needs to be warned that there is no oxygen recharger or oxygen canisters on the level. It's impossible to avoid getting in the water since the player will normally visit all four towers. Plus if you have never played the level, then you will spend more time in the water trying to figure out how to proceed. Precious oxygen will be lost in the process. I felt that there should have been at least one oxygen canister somewhere, just for the player that might run into an oxygen problem.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Evil Volunteers: ParathymeterSteve Levinson 2/6/04 5:42 p.m.
     Re: Evil Volunteers: ParathymeterDr. John Sumner 2/7/04 4:34 a.m.
           Re: Evil Volunteers: ParathymeterSteve Levinson 2/7/04 6:08 a.m.
     Re: Evil Volunteers: ParathymeterYossarian 2/7/04 6:34 a.m.
           Impressive! *NM*Steve Levinson 2/7/04 8:14 a.m.
     Re: Evil Volunteers: ParathymeterMark Levin 2/7/04 7:09 a.m.
           Re: Evil Volunteers: ParathymeterDr. John Sumner 2/7/04 7:47 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.