/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Evil Volunteers: We Be Groundpounders
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 2/2/04 10:51 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Evil Volunteers: We Be Groundpounders (Mark Levin)

: I don't think it's all that interconnected. It
: takes a long time to get from one place to the other, and many of the
: connection points are one-way (letting you jump down out of a raised path,
: for instance).

Agreed - I would have definitely placed another pattern buffer if not a shield recharger on the level, perhaps in the briefing room so that returning there would serve double duty.

: The central quest of installing 6 repair chips necessitates
: constant trips back to the briefing room; conversely, there's a good
: chance you'll fight your way to a switch only to discover you're not
: carrying a chip.

Now that's something that never happened to me. Perhaps because I pretty much automatically went back to save my game and then pick up a new chip with each insertion.

: Perhaps because the Evil staff is incredibly powerful and radically changes
: your approach to combat?

Yes, it definitely changes the dynamics of things and essentialy necessitates that the player face tougher monsters in order to compensate, which can actually slow things down. The best solution would have been to make the Pfhor staff have a limited ammo supply, just as with the enforcer weapon.

: I wouldn't compare it to Post Naval Trauma; it still takes several shots to
: bring down a Juggernaut. In fact, I'd say it's a waste to use it on
: anything less than a Juggie or a large crowd of enemies.

I'd say it's even a waste on the juggies. The fusion gun and SPNKR are still more effective - the nuke packets are not that easy to aim and it's frankly a waste to use them on such an easy target to hit. I like the nuke packets for taking on the MOAH's on this level, although I only used a couple blasts for this purpose. It's best to save them for some of the crowds we'll face later, where a couple of shots can clear a room quickly.

: I usually do this by running like hell for the pattern buffer and then
: sniping from the enclosed passageway near the pattern buffer.

That's my usual approach if I'm going to take out the juggers. Since I'd rather save my ammo, however, I now just run like hell for the switch, come back to punch the destructable switch and get out of there.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Evil Volunteers: We Be GroundpoundersSteve Levinson 2/1/04 10:18 a.m.
     Re: Evil Volunteers: We Be GroundpoundersDr. John Sumner 2/1/04 2:40 p.m.
           Re: Evil Volunteers: We Be GroundpoundersSteve Levinson 2/1/04 3:55 p.m.
                 Re: Evil Volunteers: We Be GroundpoundersMark Levin 2/2/04 9:38 a.m.
                       Re: Evil Volunteers: We Be GroundpoundersDr. John Sumner 2/3/04 4:43 a.m.
                             Re: Evil Volunteers: We Be GroundpoundersSteve Levinson 2/3/04 5:09 a.m.
           Re: Evil Volunteers: We Be GroundpoundersTodd 2/1/04 10:54 p.m.
     Re: Evil Volunteers: We Be GroundpoundersSpeaker-To-Animals 2/1/04 7:36 p.m.
           Re: Evil Volunteers: We Be Groundpounders *NM*Steve Levinson 2/2/04 4:26 a.m.
                 Re: Evil Volunteers: We Be GroundpoundersSpeaker-To-Animals 2/2/04 4:19 p.m.
                       Re: Evil Volunteers: We Be GroundpoundersTasnu Arakun 2/3/04 12:00 a.m.
                             Re: Evil Volunteers: We Be GroundpoundersSteve Levinson 2/3/04 5:13 a.m.
                             Re: Evil Volunteers: We Be GroundpoundersTasnu Arakun 2/3/04 7:50 a.m.
                             Re: Evil Volunteers: We Be GroundpoundersSpeaker-To-Animals 2/3/04 12:00 p.m.
                             Re: Evil Volunteers: We Be GroundpoundersTasnu Arakun 4/1/04 7:38 a.m.
                                   Re: Evil Volunteers: We Be GroundpoundersAnaphiel 4/1/04 7:56 a.m.
     Re: Evil Volunteers: We Be GroundpoundersMark Levin 2/2/04 9:25 a.m.
           Re: Evil Volunteers: We Be GroundpoundersSteve Levinson 2/2/04 10:51 a.m.
     Re: Evil Volunteers: We Be GroundpoundersWejam The Carter 2/2/04 6:18 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.