/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Evil Volunteers: A Million Ways To Spend Your
Posted By: Dr. John SumnerDate: 1/31/04 3:04 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Evil Volunteers: A Million Ways To Spend Your (Steve Levinson)

: For readers who are interested, it's really worth your while to watch a film
: of Dr. John or Sidoh vidding Sodding the Logs in Rubicon to see how it's
: really done. Unfortunately, A Million Ways is just too cramped to use
: these techniques, however.

Steve, when you say "how it's really done", you aren't refering to the "door technique" in Sodding the Logs are you? I have never used that technique when vidding a level. I did not use it in my film of Sodding the Logs. Even so, the opening Troopers in that level are quite easy to deal with since the physics of Rubicon allows the player to stand-punch a Trooper without taking damage. Not to turn this into a discussion of that level, but dealing with the Troopers at the end was the tough part of Sodding....surviving the final ambush is the whole key to vidding that level. To my knowledge, Sidoh was never able to vid that level, due to those very Troopers at the end.

As for the "door technique" being a wussy way to play....of course it is! But heck, when I am playing at home, as a saved game, as far as I am concerned, ANYTHING goes! You have to remember, my goal when playing ANY level of any scenario is to use no ammo at all. That's not possible in certain situations without using the door technique.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Evil Volunteers: A Million Ways To Spend Your TimeMark Levin 1/30/04 7:37 a.m.
     Re: Evil Volunteers: A Million Ways To Spend YourSteve Levinson 1/30/04 7:58 a.m.
           Re: Evil Volunteers: A Million Ways To Spend YourDr. John Sumner 1/31/04 3:17 a.m.
                 Re: Evil Volunteers: A Million Ways To Spend YourAdam Ashwell 1/31/04 5:27 a.m.
                 Re: Evil Volunteers: A Million Ways To Spend YourSteve Levinson 1/31/04 7:19 a.m.
                       Re: Evil Volunteers: A Million Ways To Spend YourDr. John Sumner 1/31/04 3:04 p.m.
                             Re: Evil Volunteers: A Million Ways To Spend YourSteve Levinson 1/31/04 6:19 p.m.
                                   Re: Evil Volunteers: A Million Ways To Spend YourDr. John Sumner 2/1/04 3:47 a.m.
                                         Re: Evil Volunteers: A Million Ways To Spend YourSteve Levinson 2/1/04 6:43 a.m.
                                               Re: Evil Volunteers: A Million Ways To Spend YourDr. John Sumner 2/1/04 9:47 a.m.
     Re: Evil Volunteers: A Million Ways To Spend Your Adam Ashwell 1/31/04 5:25 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.