/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Everyones most *hated* marathon monster
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 1/22/04 2:04 p.m.

In Response To: Everyones most *hated* marathon monster (Ojo)

: Ok everyone, what is your least favorite bad guy (s) - for whatever reason.

That's a pretty tough question, as there are so many things to hate about the Pfhor. I particularly hate the way they smell, especially when I torch them with my TOTZ. And there's all that goo - splatters over everything. I really hate it when a bit of Pfhor gets stuck between my teeth. Yeach! And after a while, all the floors and walls are covered with green Pfhor slime - one time while running through the Engineering section on board the Marathon, I slipped on some Pfhor slime and went flying feet first down the corridor. And wouldn't you know it - there was a measly little fighter waiting for me - not even a projectile fighter, mind you - just a plain old fighter who finished me off. God, I hate them!

Seriously, every monster has it's advantages and annoyances depending on the situation. The fighters are generally the least bothersome as you can usually take them out with little or no ammo, even in groups if there is enough room to get around them. But occasionally you get into a situation where there is whole bank of projectile fighters right in front of you and there's nothing you can do to get out of the way. At times like that I really hate them. Enforcers are generally a favorite of mine - I rarely get trapped by them and I can usually avoid their fire. When I see an enforcer, my first thought is, "Ammo!" That's right, to me an enforcer is an ammo supplier - provided I have a couple of magnums and a couple rounds of magnum ammo. I can fist an enforcer, but usually I end up taking at least some damage.

I really do hate cyborgs, but they're pretty easy to kill and unless in a narrow corridor or unless they are using guided ammo, I can generally dodge their grenades. The major cyborgs are a pain, though, since it's pretty hard to avoid their flames when you're close in. Minor cyborgs are easy to fist once you get the hang of it. I guess my least favorite enemy is the trooper, just because their bullets are hard to dodge. I can often take out a group of troopers by getting them to fight each other, but when it gets down to the last one, I need the room to take them out at long range, as it's often too difficult to fist them without getting shot up. Oh, yes, and I definitely hate the wasps, too.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Everyones most *hated* marathon monsterOjo 1/22/04 12:50 a.m.
     Re: Everyones most *hated* marathon monsterKrazy 1/22/04 1:25 a.m.
           Re: Everyones most *hated* marathon monsterNeoptolemus 1/22/04 4:09 a.m.
                 Re: Everyones most *hated* marathon monsterKrazy 1/22/04 4:37 a.m.
                 Re: Everyones most *hated* marathon monsterKrazy 1/22/04 4:38 a.m.
                       Re: Everyones most *hated* marathon monsterNeoptolemus 1/22/04 6:22 p.m.
                 Re: Everyones most *hated* marathon monsterPedrof 1/22/04 4:42 a.m.
                       Re: Everyones most *hated* marathon monsterJames Smith 1/22/04 6:24 p.m.
                             Piff. Or should I say, P---I---F---F *NM*Neoptolemus 1/22/04 6:31 p.m.
                             Like playing net via NetLink on a good machine! *NM*the Battle Cat 1/23/04 6:50 a.m.
     Re: Everyones most *hated* marathon monsterthe Battle Cat 1/22/04 6:26 a.m.
           Re: Everyones most *hated* marathon monsterC Lund 1/23/04 1:39 a.m.
                 Re: Everyones most *hated* marathon monsterD-M.A. 1/23/04 2:18 a.m.
                 I've always wondered where that came from... *NM*thermoplyae 1/23/04 2:55 a.m.
                 Re: Everyones most *hated* marathon monsterthe Battle Cat 1/23/04 6:56 a.m.
     Re: Everyones most *hated* marathon monsterMark Levin 1/22/04 6:53 a.m.
     Re: Everyones most *hated* marathon monsterElliott 1/22/04 8:18 a.m.
     Re: Everyones most *hated* marathon monsterA Chinese Austin Powers 1/22/04 8:22 a.m.
     Re: Everyones most *hated* marathon monsterVid Boi 1/22/04 8:36 a.m.
           Re: Everyones most *hated* marathon monsterthe Battle Cat 1/23/04 7:11 a.m.
                 Re: Everyones most *hated* marathon monsterVid Boi 1/24/04 2:38 a.m.
                       Re: Everyones most *hated* marathon monsterthe Battle Cat 1/24/04 6:51 a.m.
                             Re: Everyones most *hated* marathon monsterVid Boi 1/25/04 12:13 p.m.
     Re: Everyones most *hated* marathon monsterYossarian 1/22/04 8:59 a.m.
           Re: Everyones most *hated* marathon monsterMark Levin 1/22/04 9:55 a.m.
                 Re: Everyones most *hated* marathon monsterKommienzuspadt 1/22/04 11:41 a.m.
     Re: Everyones most *hated* marathon monsterSpeaker-To-Animals 1/22/04 11:54 a.m.
     Re: Everyones most *hated* marathon monsterSteve Levinson 1/22/04 2:04 p.m.
     MoaC. Scott Noblitt (sp?) can attest. >.< *NM*thermoplyae 1/22/04 2:08 p.m.
     Re: Everyones most *hated* marathon monsterdarakat 1/22/04 2:51 p.m.
     Re: Everyones most *hated* marathon monsterAdam Ashwell 1/22/04 8:16 p.m.
     Re: Everyones most *hated* marathon monsterdeathmonger 1/23/04 10:16 a.m.
           Re: Everyones most *hated* marathon monsterAlex 1/23/04 7:51 p.m.
                 Re: Everyones most *hated* marathon monsterD-M.A. 1/24/04 12:28 a.m.
                       Re: Everyones most *hated* marathon monsterD-M.A. 1/24/04 12:34 a.m.
           Re: Everyones most *hated* marathon monsterVid Boi 1/24/04 2:40 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.